Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pair of D-Premier's - Upgrade to 250Pro x 2 or 1000Pro
(22-Sep-2016, 13:00)michaelfoo Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, do 2 fully upgraded 250 Pro make the 1000 Pro?

Michael

As Rodney said above 2 x 250Pro set-up in the Configurator as dual mono's give 1000 Watt output for each.

Difference with 2 x 250Pro against 1000Pro is firstly they're both Masters that can be set-up in Dual Mono Mode or used seperatley if required which gives the option of splitting as both come with a Remote (coming from a pair of D-Premiers I've already got 2 remotes), also each has a wi-fi card (Companion models don't have this), and both will have the upcoming OS Card.

Companions are cheaper to buy new than a pair of Masters, and the upgrade cost for a pair of DP's is an extra 990Euro, whereas the difference in cost buying a companion 250Pro compared to Master is more than this.

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(22-Sep-2016, 15:02)Rodney Gold Wrote: In the new configurateur , if you link 2 x 250p's , it indicates that you are at 1kw as full output

Rodney

Playing around with the Configurator and noticed that if a 1000Pro gives you inputs for both Master & Companion units, but if set-up as a pair of 250Pro's only gives you inout on the Master (just like a pair of D-Premiers).

Surprised at this, but not sure if I would need the additional inputs on the 2nd unit???

I wonder if it's a glitch in the new Configurator as noticed that if setting as a pair of 220Pro's they work the exact same as a 440Pro, but setting as a pair of 250Pro's isn't the same as 1000Pro (except for the 1000watt output for each unit).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I didnt check that , but its no biggie for me, I use EAS/EBU and 1 x spdif input...plenty unused inputs Smile
Huge difference between usin a single DP and dual mono , its a profoundly different sound in my system , a bit more forward , but the overall effect is a much bigger and more precise soundstage and imaging and a total lack of any distortion , especially in the bass..I tend to play much louder .. more part of the performance , less bass "thwack" and far more depth. Well worth the price
apart from that , due to the -6 to -10db attn that DIRAC imposes on the digital signal to stop digital clipping , I was always in the plusses when it came to volume of a single DP .. sometimes as high as +10 . now almost always in the negatives with the dual monos ...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Hey Rodney, how are you doing?
Hope you are fully on the way health!
Regards
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
(23-Sep-2016, 16:14)Rodney Gold Wrote: I didnt check that , but its no biggie for me, I use EAS/EBU and 1 x spdif input...plenty unused inputs Smile
Huge difference between usin a single DP and dual mono , its a profoundly different sound in my system , a bit more forward , but the overall effect is a much bigger and more precise soundstage and imaging and a total  lack of any distortion , especially in the bass..I tend to play much louder .. more part of the performance , less bass "thwack" and far more depth. Well worth the price
apart from that , due to the -6 to -10db attn that DIRAC imposes on the digital signal to stop digital clipping , I was always in the plusses when it came to volume of a single DP .. sometimes as high as +10 . now almost always in the negatives with the dual monos ...

Rodney

Thanks for the info, glad to hear you're enjoying your 'twins'.

As said before I got mine as a pair so the only sound I'm used to is being a mono set-up. Now if I decide to go the 250Pro x 2 upgrade path then will most likely send one of at a time and will then know what it's like to only have the single set-up (both for a D-Premier and 250Pro).

I realise I got a fantastic price for my pair so have nothing to complain about (I'm not, I love them) and can't begin to think what a change from pair of DP's to 1000Pro set-up would be like, considering there are people on here who say the jump from D800 to 1000Pro is well worth it so DP's to 1000Pro should be  Big Grin Big Grin 

Cheers
John

Australia (Perth)
Giddy, Im doing well after the op .. a very good recovery .. going to work a few hrs a day etc..staying at home was driving me dilly Smile
I will do the same as you John , send 1 at a time .
I will wait however till a few more credible reviews of 1000p emerge before jumping in boots and all
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(22-Sep-2016, 16:51)Celts88 Wrote:
(22-Sep-2016, 13:00)michaelfoo Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, do 2 fully upgraded 250 Pro make the 1000 Pro?

Michael

As Rodney said above 2 x 250Pro set-up in the Configurator as dual mono's give 1000 Watt output for each.

Difference with 2 x 250Pro against 1000Pro is firstly they're both Masters that can be set-up in Dual Mono Mode or used seperatley if required which gives the option of splitting as both come with a Remote (coming from a pair of D-Premiers I've already got 2 remotes), also each has a wi-fi card (Companion models don't have this), and both will have the upcoming OS Card.

Companions are cheaper to buy new than a pair of Masters, and the upgrade cost for a pair of DP's is an extra 990Euro, whereas the difference in cost buying a companion 250Pro compared to Master is more than this.

Cheers
John

Roger that John. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi, great discussion and insights here Smile
I'll be upgrading my Premiers to two full 250pros as well... one after another.

I'll probably start next year... do we have any clue how long that upgrade offer will last?

Dedicated Intel 2600k JRiver :: 1000Pro :: Vivid Audio Giya G2
Main Workstation :: 220Pro :: B&W CDM1 SE
(29-Sep-2016, 12:17)noir Wrote: Hi, great discussion and insights here Smile

I'll probably start next year... do we have any clue how long that upgrade offer will last?

December 31st 2016
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(29-Sep-2016, 12:25)Mka Wrote:
(29-Sep-2016, 12:17)noir Wrote: Hi, great discussion and insights here Smile

December 31st 2016

Oopsie... this calls for a change of plans then! I'll hope i put enough money under my pillow Smile

Dedicated Intel 2600k JRiver :: 1000Pro :: Vivid Audio Giya G2
Main Workstation :: 220Pro :: B&W CDM1 SE