Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert Remote app updated to version 1.8.2
Hello everybody,

Let my first post to announce that the app (at least in iOS) has today (26-sep-16) been updated to version 1.8.2. The official text says that "Playback in no longer stopped between two tracks"

In my iPhone, it has graphical glitches, but it works and seems that D. tried to update it to bigger screens with limited success.  Dodgy

The vibrant community of this forum and the quality of the content helped me to decide to invest in a D200 last year.

Best regards,

Luis
Just updated it on both my iPad and iPhone.   On the iPad, it looks and works just like the prior version.   But, on my iPhone 6, it's clear they screwed up the UI  (see attached).  But functionally, it seems to work correctly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(26-Sep-2016, 19:16)mdconnelly Wrote: Just updated it on both my iPad and iPhone.   On the iPad, it looks and works just like the prior version.   But, on my iPhone 6, it's clear they screwed up the UI  (see attached).  But functionally, it seems to work correctly.

So: major innovations and improvements, then ?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Surely they could have at least tested it on one phone before releasing. What are they like.....

I really hope that's not the 'new' version discussed on their website (in the AIR3 section).

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Same issue with my iPhone 6...
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
And my iPhone 7...
(26-Sep-2016, 20:24)Zappydev Wrote:
(26-Sep-2016, 19:16)mdconnelly Wrote: Just updated it on both my iPad and iPhone.   On the iPad, it looks and works just like the prior version.   But, on my iPhone 6, it's clear they screwed up the UI  (see attached).  But functionally, it seems to work correctly.

So: major innovations and improvements, then ?

I see no difference in functionality nor capability at all (well, except for the screwed-up display on my iPhone).   I suspect they've correctly some bug or other.  The release note was minimal as stated on the OP by LuisG.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
So there is just a Major bug added (UI broken on my iPhone 6) in contrast to not having any new features. They got to be kidding :-8
I logged a case at Devialet support including the pic of the problem on the iPhone.   The response I got was... 

I have forwarded your request to our Software engineering team and they will go over this technical issue. 

Since my case was immediately marked "Solved", I doubt I'll hear any more about it.

Unfortunately, I suspect the turnaround time of getting an iPhone app resubmitted and released is likely measured in weeks.  Not sure if there's any way to role it back.

But, it seems to work fine so it's not a show-stopper.
Durham, NC USA
Incredible :-)

Any changelog beyond this added bug?