Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Room correction
(14-Nov-2015, 20:29)mak972 Wrote: A explanatory vidéo of how Trueplay works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QgJHUy93T0

If sonos did it Devialet can do it.
Well there are so many big brands / vendors that are all supporting room correction - LINN, Sonos etc.
So there is a great demand among users (just see the recent voting and many comments across many digital channels) and I really do hope that this gets addressed soon as this has been a factor in the bying decision making process of people. Many know that the room setup / correction makes about up to 50% of the conceived overall audio performance.
Unless Devialet support are sending mis-information (not impossible I suppose), Room Correction isn't coming in the forseable future.

Great to see Sonos have done it. Even if these solutions aren't perfect, for those that aren't able or don't want to change their room around to accommodate the best sound, its probably a lot better than nothing…. I'd love to be able to tweak the sound within my Devialet to get the best out of my room, and without using any other boxes/software apart from setting up. But I dont think it will happen.

That said, if Phantoms are competing with Sonos for market share at any level, and people rave about it in Sonos, its stands to reason Devialet may reconsider.

I've never heard Sonos in a sensible environment, but they seem to have nailed the market they went after. I read a bit about the Sonos founders a while back, and from memory their ethos was very much along the lines of 'make the products clever and high-tech but never require the users to read a manual or struggle to set anything up'. I wish I could find the article. A simple mantra like that has really served them well.

And quite a few people still seem to run a Sonos into very high end gear, despite the lack of things like high-res, just because the interface is so nice. So I hear, I've never used it.

In fact, that video has made me think about getting one for my kitchen!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

A little off-topic, but if my experience with Trueplay is typical, Sonos have done a remarkable job with it.

I have a Play:1 (their smallest self-powered speaker) which sits right up against a wall in my dining room.  I've always thought it sounded OK, given what it is, but couldn't get the EQ to give me anything like a reasonably flat-sounding response.  With the latest software installed, the Trueplay set-up involves spending about a minute walking round the room running the calibration program on an iPhone while the speaker plays some test tones.  That has completely transformed the sound quality, which is now surprisingly natural for such a small speaker.

So it can be done without fancy measuring gear or a complicated process - the user really needs no technical knowledge at all to get good results.  Of course I have no idea how much software development effort was required to get to this point, nor how much run-time DSP capacity it's using, but I'd have thought it was well within Devialet's capabilities to do something similar.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(16-Nov-2015, 15:54)markush Wrote:

Well there are so many big brands / vendors that are all supporting room correction - LINN, Sonos etc.
So there is a great demand among users (just see the recent voting and many comments across many digital channels) and I really do hope that this gets addressed soon as this has been a factor in the bying decision making process of people. Many know that the room setup / correction makes about up to 50% of the conceived overall audio performance.

(16-Nov-2015, 16:34)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Unless Devialet support are sending mis-information (not impossible I suppose), Room Correction isn't coming in the forseable future.
That is the strange thing!! I got an official reply from Devialet telling me that room correction is definitely to come - just depending on the available resources if sooner or later.
So what is really needed is a statement concerning room correction from their communication department, product manager.
if it is coming then my guess is later rather than sooner.... seeing all the other stuff their insufficient resources have promised
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(16-Nov-2015, 17:18)markush Wrote:
(16-Nov-2015, 15:54)markush Wrote:

(16-Nov-2015, 16:34)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Unless Devialet support are sending mis-information (not impossible I suppose), Room Correction isn't coming in the forseable future.
That is the strange thing!! I got an official reply from Devialet telling me that room correction is definitely to come - just depending on the available resources if sooner or later.
So what is really needed is a statement concerning room correction from their communication department, product manager.

(18-Nov-2015, 07:16)tyefighter Wrote: if it is coming then my guess is later rather than sooner.... seeing all the other stuff their insufficient resources have promised
Well - they really shouldn't wait any longer as most of their competitors are already on the market with a solid room correction solution.
And as more and more customers become aware about the overal importance of room accoustics / solutions for their sound quality - this is already part of a decision making process.
(18-Nov-2015, 15:20)markush Wrote:
(16-Nov-2015, 17:18)markush Wrote:
(16-Nov-2015, 15:54)markush Wrote: Well there are so many big brands / vendors that are all supporting room correction - LINN, Sonos etc.

(18-Nov-2015, 07:16)tyefighter Wrote: if it is coming then my guess is later rather than sooner.... seeing all the other stuff their insufficient resources have promised
Well - they really shouldn't wait any longer as most of their competitors are already on the market with a solid room correction solution.
And as more and more customers become aware about the overal importance of room accoustics / solutions for their sound quality - this is already part of a decision making process.

Agreed
I think the problem with Devialet is that they know they have an amazing product, this can breed a bit of arrogance.
I feel let down by them with the AIR issues , but I would not change . Where would I get a sound like that for that cost.? I think they know I could not. Hence the arrogance? Shame though
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Im not sure its arrogance although i can certainly see where you are coming from
I feel that they have just shifted their concentration onto the Phantoms and left the Expert range stagnating
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Is there any update on this topic from Devialet ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk