Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Room correction
Yes, it's not coming.

That's the short summary of the response I got a few weeks ago.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Really?!! Got The feedback sometime ago that it's definitely coming. Though will be Q1 or Q2 2016
I do hope they didn't change their mind as this is one of the most request features among customers
(08-Dec-2015, 00:12)markush Wrote: Really?!! Got The feedback sometime ago that it's definitely coming. Though will be Q1 or Q2 2016
I do hope they didn't change their mind as this is one of the most request features among customers

Where did your feedback come from, HQ, or a dealer or third party?

I asked specifically, and was told SAM is the 'hot topic' everyone's still excited about, and thats the focus.

As far as I know there may possibly be some tweaks to EQ, but not room correction.

Seem's like someone's been misinformed. I hope it's me, but I have a hunch not.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

what they could do VERY easily is actually make the tone controls act like a parametric eq .. sure you will only get 2 curves , but they could either act as shelving filters.. like they do .. or act as filters with adjustable centre freq , slope and gain .. would be VERY useful to eq out bass peaks.. you dont need a ton of filters to correct bass boom
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
I came across this "How to set up room correction" article in the Devialet help pages: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...correction . Has anybody taken up their offer to generate a custom configuration file and did it work?
It would be super-interesting if anyone of you that have a well-tuned correction filter could check if Devialet is able to give you a config file to have this filter loaded into the Devialet. If that works and turns out successful, and the rest of us can follow-suit in a nicely behaved manner, this might be what is needed to softly introduce support for convolver filters and room correction for Devialet (i.e. we help them introduce this in a controlled manner and help them test this)
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
I am also very interessted in room correction. In my opinion the best way would be to use a well disigned solution like DIRAC and implement the results via files into the DEVIALET. Lets hope they find a good solution for us customers.
Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC | Expert 220 Pro | Canton Karat AS500
Canton Karat Reference 2.2 DC | Expert 400
ROON Server | Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F | Mellanox Connect-X 3 40G | Samsung PM1725a 3.2TB
Ultrasone Edition 8 EX | Coord MOJO + POLY

(12-Dec-2015, 10:21)Borgen Wrote: It would be super-interesting if anyone of you that have a well-tuned correction filter could check if Devialet is able to give you a config file to have this filter loaded into the Devialet. If that works and turns out successful, and the rest of us can follow-suit in a nicely behaved manner, this might be what is needed to softly introduce support for convolver filters and room correction for Devialet (i.e. we help them introduce this in a controlled manner and help them test this)

In a thread regarding Bose 901 EQ Devialet was asked if they'd be willing to create the 901 EQ curve in the DSP. The answer was rather disappointing: "...we are not at the moment able to provide custom configurations anymore."
The thread is here  http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=718
In addition I believe Devialet would have to create some sort of tool to convert a filter (from, say, Acourate or Audiolense) into a syntax the internal DSP can use. If you look at the SAM settings for a given speaker model in the config file you'll get the idea.
I would really love if Devialet enabled me to use the internal DSP for RC. I think I would even accept to disable (or loose) SAM and Tone controls to make this happen
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
To keep this thread alive I will seriously hope that Dev will implement some sort of eq in their next firmware. If not a total room eq then at least a curve we can somehow adjust.

If you agree with we them bump this thread at let's hope HQ see's it
Devialet will create a custom configuration if you want tone controls at points other than their stock ones, but this is just a custom curve not integration with better systems such as Dirac which do more than boost/cut a frequency.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...correction

Any decent AC Receiver has better room correction than just a boost/cut, and Dirac is much better. So my wish list is for Devialet to license and integrate Dirac as other companies like Emotiva and Arcam have done, or invent their own superior alternative if they can.
http://www.dirac.com/home-and-professional-audio/