Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOS Expert Remote app issue
Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to iOS 10 and at the same time updated the Expert Remote app. The main screen is no longer displaying correctly when the app is running. See attached.

[Image: 23CFB0DF-0F8E-4997-AD6D-01C3A3394247_zpsegr0jref.png]

I'm running iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 10.0.2 and Expert Remote app 1.8.2

Anyone else having the same issue?

Cheers,
H
Yes this is an issue affecting everyone using the latest version of the app on an iPhone 6 or up.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Not on my iPhone SE which is an iPhone 6 in a 5 body, but I haven't upgraded to IOS 10!!!! So maybe IOS 10 is the problem.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
thanks guys, I just found this thread with more discussion...

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3498
With my iPhone SE and 10.0.2 everything works fine, both graphically and with playback. Before the lastest update to 1.8.2, I was still using 1.8 because of the lack of continued playback. It was only one track at a time..... very nervy.
When I contacted Devialet after the failure of the 1.8.1 app to play back continually, the bug was noted and a ticket was opened. A few days later the issue was downgraded to "solved", as somebody in the software department said the behavior was normal!! And that after I'd been able to always play back continuously in the past. I gave up, turned off the Auto update feature on my iPhone and kept with 1.8.
Now everything is working fine, though I do have a manual backup of 1.8 just in case:-)
Apart from that little hiccup, I'm still VERY HAPPY with my Devialet's, just beautiful.
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
(30-Sep-2016, 08:53)NickB Wrote: Not on my iPhone SE which is an iPhone 6 in a 5 body, but I haven't upgraded to IOS 10!!!! So maybe IOS 10 is the problem.

It (SE) doesn't have the larger screen with higher resolution of the 6 and up. It's clear the app isn't scaling properly to these higher resolutions, whatever the reason.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
It's so ugly this new app...

Shows IMHO the inability of Devialet to deliver.... we have it seen before on all upgrades and new products.... promising company and if it works it's great but getting these thing not right they look like amateurs.
Update of iOS app available yesterday. Haven't tried it yet.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2