Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DCS Vivaldi Upsampler and Rossini Roon Update
(03-Oct-2016, 13:16)Martins Hi-Fi Wrote:
(01-Oct-2016, 16:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Any news on the network bridge pricing? I hear it's releasing in November and will also be RoonReady....

£2750.00 - £3750.00 is my best guess at the moment - We want it higher, dCS want it lower ;-)

You know the market better than me I'm sure, but bearing in mind what you can already get for sub £1K, I would have thought lower would be better. It would have to be seriously good at 3750, and even then I would have thought the market would be quite small? I guess if it's aimed more at dCS owners then the high price will be less of an issue Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Oct-2016, 13:16)Martins Hi-Fi Wrote:
(01-Oct-2016, 16:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Any news on the network bridge pricing? I hear it's releasing in November and will also be RoonReady....

£2750.00 - £3750.00 is my best guess at the moment - We want it higher, dCS want it lower ;-)

Of course you do. I want factory direct, cut out the dealers and distributors who at least in my case rarely add anything but only cost money just to hand me over a box. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

You know the market better than me I'm sure, but bearing in mind what you can already get for sub £1K, I would have thought lower would be better. It would have to be seriously good at 3750, and even then I would have thought the market would be quite small? I guess if it's aimed more at dCS owners then the high price will be less of an issue Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Did you mean that you want the price to be lower and dCS want it higher?  It would appear a little strange to post on a public forum that you are haggling hard for a higher retail price in order to increase your lovely margins?  Maybe you are just being refreshingly honest!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
From Hifi Pig......

dCS Network Bridge Available From November
03. October 2016 ·
The dCS Network Bridge acts as an interface between your digital music and your DAC. The hardware platform in Network Bridge enables you to stream high resolution music files from network attached storage, connected USB drives, online streaming services as well as Apple devices via Apple Airplay, outputting bit perfect audio direct to your DAC. The native Network Bridge app provides full control of the wired and wireless streaming capabilities as well as the input, output and clock settings. The Network Bridge app is based on the same network streaming and app technology used in dCS’s flagship Vivaldi series, which they say provides ‘an intuitive interface for you to quickly and easily organise and manage your entire digital music library’.
dcs_network_bridge_news_oct
Designed for simplicity, a single, FPGA platform is the heart of the unit and the Network Bridge is Roon ready, also supporting streaming services such as TIDAL, and Spotify. Network Bridge currently plays files sampled at rates up to 24-bit, 384kS/s, supporting all major lossless codecs, plus DSD/64 or DSD/128 in native or DoP formats. Compatibility with legacy dCS DACs is assured by an integer down-sampling feature. This down-sampling feature converts high res data (for example DXD or DSD) to 24 bit PCM at either 176.4/192kS/s or 88.2/96kS/s – bringing the data within a range supported by your DAC. Network Bridge also supports the dCS ‘auto clocking’ architecture as used in Vivaldi and Rossini. The Network Bridge firmware can be updated from the internet using the control section of the app. This allows dCS to add new features or improve the performance of the product during its production lifetime. Designed and made in Great Britain, Network Bridge’s chassis uses aerospace-grade machined aluminium to reduce sound-degrading mechanical vibration and magnetic effects. Multi-stage power regulation is employed to isolate the sensitive clock circuitry from digital processing noise.
The dCS Network Bridge is available from November at an RRP of £3,250
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(03-Oct-2016, 20:24)Confused Wrote: The dCS Network Bridge is available from November at an RRP of £3,250

I guess they split the difference....

This must be kick the dealer day?

If you want to deal with the distributors direct,  you could always set up your own dealership/hifi shop. Many have tried, not many have been successful.......

Price confirmed at £3250.00 inc vat.

Data sheet attached.

Anyone interested, we will have these in stock November ish.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Attached Files
.pdf   dCSNetworkBridgeDatasheet.pdf (Size: 189.68 KB / Downloads: 111)
Kick the dealer day?  OK, lets show some love.  I for one welcome participation from dealers on this forum, it often very enjoyable, often very informative.  Keep it up guys! Shy

Oh, and why don't you chip in and tell us how those new Pro models are sounding....

(although beware cynical posters who might just post 'well they would say that wouldn't they', I for one will take your words in good faith......)
(05-Oct-2016, 13:25)Confused Wrote: Kick the dealer day?  OK, lets show some love.  I for one welcome participation from dealers on this forum, it often very enjoyable, often very informative.  Keep it up guys! Shy

+1 we are all very friendly in here

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(03-Oct-2016, 14:25)Confused Wrote:

Did you mean that you want the price to be lower and dCS want it higher?  It would appear a little strange to post on a public forum that you are haggling hard for a higher retail price in order to increase your lovely margins?  Maybe you are just being refreshingly honest!

We have absolutely no say!