Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAIM just released new UNITI family
https://www.naimaudio.com/product/range/uniti
Well, after LINN now NAIM is releasing a new product upgrade. Seems the market is really very vivid and things are progressing.
Just to name one example - I wonder if Devialet is able to provide a state-of-the-art music browsing / listening experience via app when the streaming board is ready ... as Linn oder Naim have already been doing for quite some time now.
I think Naim's app looks old fashioned...

[Image: app-image.jpg]

But there are rumors that Naim will be Roon compatible.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/good-ne...on/14843/1
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
That's a bit more than a rumour (Phill Harris is head of Naim's Technical Support....)
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(06-Oct-2016, 17:47)wiresandmore Wrote: That's a bit more than a rumour (Phill Harris is head of Naim's Technical Support....)

That's just what I was thinking!

Considering they've also got their own 'rival' ecosystem, if brands like Naim can do it then the pressure will surely mount on Devialet to do the same.

Not so sure about the Muso-esque design aesthetic though, but then I really quite liked the minimalist black boxes I had.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I briefly checked in on the Naim forum and folks  there seem to be generally impressed. My take on it is that this new range of models signals a shift in the compositionm or structure, of the all-in-one line up for Naim. It seems as though they are establishing a line of 'Pro' products; the 2XX, 3XX, 5XX products, and the new 'lifestyle' (barf) products that are analogue and digital composites, and packaged in fully integrated boxes.

In the next few weeks or months I'll be looking at the Naim forum for a new generation of threads about connectivity problems. Or,  more threads about the same connectivity problems. Yes, I admit it; my own bunch of sour grapes. But what if you bought a SuperUniti two months ago... would you now scream for an upgrade option, or some financial or trade-in compensation?

My fondness for Naim remains, but Devialet eclipses it in every way... even with the comical oddities of communication, schedules and firmware versions. I like black, but once you have chrome, you never go back..... (just made that up, but copyright reserved)
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
^yeap.
I agree, also,
Naim is trying hard to respond to Devialet (and other one box designs), but are too scared to go aggressive and built at the NAC 252/552 level in fear of hurting their own sales. So the result is, hmmm, yet another uniti...
Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub
(07-Oct-2016, 05:11)Damon Wrote: I briefly checked in on the Naim forum and folks  there seem to be generally impressed. My take on it is that this new range of models signals a shift in the compositionm or structure, of the all-in-one line up for Naim. It seems as though they are establishing a line of 'Pro' products; the 2XX, 3XX, 5XX products, and the new 'lifestyle' (barf) products that are analogue and digital composites, and packaged in fully integrated boxes.

In the next few weeks or months I'll be looking at the Naim forum for a new generation of threads about connectivity problems. Or,  more threads about the same connectivity problems. Yes, I admit it; my own bunch of sour grapes. But what if you bought a SuperUniti two months ago... would you now scream for an upgrade option, or some financial or trade-in compensation?

My fondness for Naim remains, but Devialet eclipses it in every way... even with the comical oddities of communication, schedules and firmware versions. I like black, but once you have chrome, you never go back..... (just made that up, but copyright reserved)

How about 'Once you go chrome, it will never leave your home'? It's a bit lame, I know, but at least it rhymes. (IF it becomes a hit, I will take the copy right on that, thank you Big Grin )
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(07-Oct-2016, 05:11)Damon Wrote: I like black, but once you have chrome, you never go back..... (just made that up, but copyright reserved)

Come over to the dark side, there's no going back  Big Grin

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(06-Oct-2016, 17:33)markush Wrote: https://www.naimaudio.com/product/range/uniti
Well, after LINN now NAIM is releasing a new product upgrade. Seems the market is really very vivid and things are progressing.
Just to name one example - I wonder if Devialet is able to provide a state-of-the-art music browsing / listening experience via app when the streaming board is ready ... as Linn oder Naim have already been doing for quite some time now.
I was playing with the sparkz app in a phantom store and liked what i saw. E.g. tidal integration, searching music, adding to queue, roon-ish zonal/device output selection. Not sure the 2017 dOS for expert pro will fulfill those. Am holding onto my 3490euros d200 to 220 upgrade $ til then

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
(07-Oct-2016, 05:11)Damon Wrote: My fondness for Naim remains, but Devialet eclipses it in every way... even with the comical oddities of communication, schedules and firmware versions. I like black, but once you have chrome, you never go back..... (just made that up, but copyright reserved)

Let's be honest though, if Devialet offered a faint green glow emitting from underneath, or around the power button, you'd be tempted. Big Grin

(I would)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<