Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAIM just released new UNITI family
(07-Oct-2016, 14:18)deOnn Wrote:
(06-Oct-2016, 17:33)markush Wrote: https://www.naimaudio.com/product/range/uniti
Well, after LINN now NAIM is releasing a new product upgrade. Seems the market is really very vivid and things are progressing.
Just to name one example - I wonder if Devialet is able to provide a state-of-the-art music browsing / listening experience via app when the streaming board is ready ... as Linn oder Naim have already been doing for quite some time now.
I was playing with the sparkz app in a phantom store and liked what i saw. E.g. tidal integration, searching music, adding to queue, roon-ish zonal/device output selection. Not sure the 2017 dOS for expert pro will fulfill those. Am holding onto my 3490euros d200 to 220 upgrade $ til then

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I use both Roon and Spark and have Tidal, Spark works ok but Devialet have some work to do before they reach Roon quality. 

To me it would be best if Devialet go ahead and get Roon Ready with the new streamerboard in the Pro series and perhaps get the Dialog Roon Ready if that is possible? Would be so much easier to just use Roon on both my systems.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Quote:I use both Roon and Spark and have Tidal, Spark works ok but Devialet have some work to do before they reach Roon quality. 

To me it would be best if Devialet go ahead and get Roon Ready with the new streamerboard in the Pro series and perhaps get the Dialog Roon Ready if that is possible? Would be so much easier to just use Roon on both my systems.

With new streamerboards, how does the dialog come in? Still needed?

Im hoping for a cheaper solution of not having to upgrade to pro...streamerboard + dialog i can accept.

(07-Oct-2016, 15:04)deOnn Wrote:
Quote:I use both Roon and Spark and have Tidal, Spark works ok but Devialet have some work to do before they reach Roon quality. 

With new streamerboards, how does the dialog come in? Still needed?

Im hoping for a cheaper solution of not having to upgrade to pro...streamerboard + dialog i can accept.

No I have the Dialog for Phantom the Dialog I think will not be used with the new ARM based streamerboard. I just think that it would be nice to run ROON in both my systems.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(07-Oct-2016, 05:20)yanc Wrote: ^yeap.
I agree, also,
Naim is trying hard to respond to Devialet (and other one box designs), but are too scared to go aggressive and built at the NAC 252/552 level in fear of hurting their own sales. So the result is, hmmm, yet another uniti...

From what I hear, the only things they are selling are Musos, Unitis and the 272 streamer/pre. The rest of the range (which really covers most of what they are known for) has slowed significantly.
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(07-Oct-2016, 14:28)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Let's be honest though, if Devialet offered a faint green glow emitting from underneath, or around the power button, you'd be tempted. Big Grin
(I would)

Indeed, I always liked the Naim design asthetic, and the green glow really does appeal to me (blushes with embarrassment). Sometimes I'm still temped to get another Naim, one of the Uniti models, for my office, or to foist onto my son. If I do the 120 200Pro upgrade, I'll get Preamp outs. Then I could buy a NAP 100 or something and use it instead of the Sonos Amp for the kitchen speakers. I would need to see what the future streamer board offers, or other new streaming source choices become available.

So, yes; my lingering affection for Naim tempts me still.....
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I was tempted by the Muso for the bedroom but when push came to shove I couldn't justify it - so went raspberry pi, pi HAT DAC, and Marshall speaker with full Roon zone sync and support up to 192. I love the setup but I still look at the Muso when I see it in the shops, and it's not even my preferred design.

They get a lot of a slagging but I think they are a good brand and I was generally happy with mine. The thing is there was a sort of constant pressure that you didn't have a decent system until you had the 500. Mine was only just up from entry level so that felt really far away. Although Devialetchat probably causes a lot of OdA/1000pro envy, there's much more sense that people enjoy their setups at all levels and aren't constantly being told to buy 'the next one up' (or the next PSU up). I think the Naim forum is quite a bit more 'cultist' then here too.

Weirdly what I miss the most is controlling the analogue volume knob (with its green light), via the remote. The dots around the display on the 200 don't quite have the same effect. But it's freed up a good chunk of space in the corner of the room.

Damn, now I've typed this and started thinking about RoonReady Muso, I can feel the lure of John Lewis....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<