Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Regen and mRendu
Guys, just a short question: does anyone think or know if there is an advantage in placing a Regen between a mRendu and the Dev? I remember reading from more knowledgeable members of this forum that the mRendu actually goes beyond what the Regen does, so it isn't actually necessary to use one as its effect is "included" in the Rendu. Just wanted to compare ideas...

Thanks a lot, cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-Oct-2016, 02:01)LBameule Wrote: Guys, just a short question: does anyone think or know if there is an advantage in placing a Regen between a mRendu and the Dev? I remember reading from more knowledgeable members of this forum that the mRendu actually goes beyond what the Regen does, so it isn't actually necessary to use one as its effect is "included" in the Rendu. Just wanted to compare ideas...

Thanks a lot, cheers!

L

The makers themselves (John Swenson) says that the mRendu has at least as good USB output as the Regen and that it doesn't make any sense in putting the Regen between the mRendu and the dac. See computeraudiophile thread for their details.
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
You may be better off putting galvanic isolation after it, or a better PSU on it. Or optical Ethernet isolation before it. Sadly the rendu does none of these things and there are definite reports of improvements. I prefer mine with the Intona.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Right, thanks guys!

L