Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon, Sonic Transporter and MRendu v. Air3
In my experience, a comparison of AIR and the microRendu via USB was a little inconclusive. To summarise the mR appeared to be the one I wanted to listen to, but with the mR connected direct to the Devialet via USB, there was a loss of bass definition and accuracy. It is of course an oversimplification to state that this solely due to the Devialet's USB input, it could be related to many things, isolation, leakage loops or whatever. In my experience though, it was adding the Mutec MC3+USB that made the big difference. The combination of microRendu and Mutec MC3+USB is better than AIR in every respect, to my ears in my system of course. My Mutec is not for sale! So why does the Mutec make this difference? Is it's reclocking abilities? Is it just the fact that it provides full isolation of the USB input? I cannot be sure of the answers to these questions, but whatever the reasons, it sounds so good that I am sure something is working as it should.

It is also worth noting that I have listened to the Aurender N10 into a Devialet via both USB and AES/EBU. This takes out a lot of the variables, as the Aurender acts as the front end in both cases, and yes, it sounds best via AES/EBU.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I only tried it with an Aurender W20 (2 month loaner from a friend) and probably to my inabilityfor objective hearing, i clearly favored the USB connection.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(11-Oct-2016, 10:48)Mka Wrote: I only tried it with an Aurender W20 (2 month loaner from a friend) and probably to my inabilityfor objective hearing, i clearly favored the USB connection.

Well who knows?  There are no absolutes here, plus I always think that system synergy is very important, you cannot infer the performance and influence of one component onto every system out there.  It just shows the importance of trying things for yourself, and indeed being confident in what you like when others say different.  Who is to say who is right?   When it comes to your own system set up, then clear it is you that are right every time! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(11-Oct-2016, 11:06)Confused Wrote: Well who knows?  There are no absolutes here, plus I always think that system synergy is very important, you cannot infer the performance and influence of one component onto every system out there.  It just shows the importance of trying things for yourself, and indeed being confident in what you like when others say different.  Who is to say who is right?   When it comes to your own system set up, then clear it is you that are right every time! Shy

Well said, Confused!  That should be made into a header and/or footer for every page of the forum Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK