Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FW 10.0.5 is out... what's new?
(24-Oct-2016, 10:33)Confused Wrote:
(23-Oct-2016, 22:05)moreno1973 Wrote:
(18-Oct-2016, 16:31)Confused Wrote: You need to use V10 firmware in the Pro to get the new ADH implementation.  From what I have heard and read, the new ADH offers a big step up in sound quality, so any thoughts of V7 sounding better than V8 or whatever simply don't apply to the Pro.

So I stay with 200 and my 7.1.3... last ,,natural" sounding firmware from Devialet. Great body and musicality. Bye bye PRO;-)

Have you listened to a Pro? Shy

I haven't listened to a Pro but since the Od'A sits between the 800 and 1000 in sound quality I can take an educated guess. The 220Pro will be based on technology better than the Od'A with the exception of the power and the advantage of going dual mono.
Coming from a 200 and having tried 7.1.3 firmware plus some pre and post, my educated guess says the 220Pro will beat a 200 running 7.1.3 hands down on sounding natural. Add to that better micro detail and more power and you have a clear winner.

Moreno, if I were you I would have a listen to a Pro. But before you do, make sure you're ready to part with some cash because you might 'want' to.   Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
How do you revert to older firmware?

Thanks in advance
(06-Nov-2016, 01:13)hamlyn Wrote: How do you revert to older firmware?

Thanks in advance

Download the firmware of your choice. Rufus has very kindly given us a link to his archive of complete firmware, check it out in post #39 of this thread.  Take the firmware of choice and download it to SD card. With the amp off, put the SD card into the back of the amp and hold the front button in until you see the reset countdown. When the process is complete you will see a message telling you to press the front button. When you have done this, replace your SD configuration card into the amp and switch on as normal. You will find that some configurations will demand higher firmware versions for some features to work.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thank you. That was great, detailed, step by step information. I had tried that with 7.1.1 software, but it did not work for some reason. It is reassuring to know that I was, indeed, on the right path. Based on your response I was able to successfully revert from 10.0.5 to 10.0.2. This confirms the steps you provided. Now I will need to figure out why the version 7.1.1 did not work.

I appreciate the detailed write-up.
(06-Nov-2016, 15:35)hamlyn Wrote: Thank you. That was great, detailed, step by step information. I had tried that with 7.1.1 software, but it did not work for some reason. It is reassuring to know that I was, indeed, on the right path. Based on your response I was able to successfully revert from 10.0.5 to 10.0.2. This confirms the steps you provided. Now I will need to figure out why the version 7.1.1 did not work.

I appreciate the detailed write-up.

I once had the same problem. Try removing the power cable, insert the SD card, reconnect the power cable, then turn on the amplifier. That worked for me. Also, I understand that if you have the new model, version 10 is required.