Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC Image upload size restriction
Just a little suggestion - would it be possible to increase the image size quota that can be directly uploaded? Perhaps even add resizing server-side if there are storage concerns?

It would be great to be able to upload iPad screen grabs (for "now playing" etc), rather than have to edit/resize first. I'm sure I'm not alone in living on my iPad for the most part for the internet these days (despite the horrible typing and auto-correct, and general difficulty in copying/pasting etc), and so it can be a bit of a faff to upload a pic here....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I'll take a look...
I've bumped the max size for images (gif, jpg/jpeg, png, bmp) up to 2MB from 500kB. I've also set image to display fullsize rather than as clickable thumbnails. This is bound to break something but we'll see how it goes.
(14-Oct-2016, 17:07)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I've bumped the max size for images (gif, jpg/jpeg, png, bmp) up to 2MB from 500kB.   I've also set image to display fullsize rather than as clickable thumbnails. This is bound to break something but we'll see how it goes.

That was quick. Fantastic, thanks Rufus!

Yeah, I think big pics will look much nicer too...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<