Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson Audio Sabrina
For you WA fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMIZ-lwj8gI

From Debby Wilson:

This will be Wilson Audio's new "introductory floor-standing" speaker. Will go: Sabrina --> Sophia --> Sasha --> Alexia... etc.
A new Wilson is always a great event !!! Wink
(09-Oct-2014, 03:27)darthsteph Wrote: A new Wilson is always a great event !!! Wink

I think that's a great move of Wilson. They really did need something below the Sophia 3 price point. No doubt it will sound incredible too.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
More on the Sabrina:

http://theaudiotraveler.com/2014/10/10/r...g-sabrina/
Is it SAM:ed yet? Wink
Thought I should revive this thread, as I'm most likely getting a set of Sabrina's home for a demo.

Listened to them at the dealer today, knowing they are way over what I want to spend, but after one listen I started giving myself excuses that I'll never need another speakers etc etc blah blah
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(26-Feb-2016, 21:41)Dr Tone Wrote: Thought I should revive this thread, as I'm most likely getting a set of Sabrina's home for a demo.

Listened to them at the dealer today, knowing they are way over what I want to spend, but after one listen I started giving myself excuses that I'll never need another speakers etc etc blah blah

IMHO Sabrina is not worth so much money. Try new Sopra 2 from Focal or 2nd hand Sasha from Wilson.
(26-Feb-2016, 22:04)moreno1973 Wrote:
(26-Feb-2016, 21:41)Dr Tone Wrote: Thought I should revive this thread, as I'm most likely getting a set of Sabrina's home for a demo.

IMHO Sabrina is not worth so much money. Try new Sopra 2 from Focal or 2nd hand Sasha from Wilson.

Sopra 2 isn't much cheaper and the local dealer won't bring me a set to try with my gear and room.  Not happy with that.

Sasha is too big for my room.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I demod the Sabrinas at a dealer and wasn't sure what to make of them, but it was unfamiliar surroundings. In his opinion, having demod them earlier that day on a hefty class A (can't remember other than it being incredibly expensive and looking beautiful - krell maybe) the D200 didn't have the power to make them sing.
To be honest, I didn't really care - I thought they looked beautiful and would have just made them work. Smile
Sadly, even being the cheapest in the range, they're out of my league. I've not found anything I thought look better - the low profile and non-boxyness would have been perfect and seems quite unique.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

The first time I heard the Sasha's in the same room I wasn't impressed. Note this is a pretty big room. That was last summer, they had them away from the back wall and closer togethor with less toe-in.

Today they were 10 inches from the back wall, wider apart, and pretty much toed right at me and they sounded way better! Dealer said the Wilson rep finally stopped in and set them up that way and they've been happy ever since.