Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson Audio Sabrina
(27-Mar-2016, 15:01)moreno1973 Wrote: Do You think that 200 is enough to fully control Sabrina? Or maybe You are thinking that 400 would be better?
I also have 200 and I am thinking to buy a new loudspeakers, not to big floorstanders..but I don' want to buy Another 200Smile to drive Them correctly.

I think it is enough. But no way of knowing otherwise.  

To be honest I think the D200 sounds better if you have to get volume up a bit..  D400 would just be coasting to keep the neighbors happy in my place.

If I see a companion dirt cheap, I might grab it.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

A little twist to reduce toe-in has done wonders to fill in center image and reduce the top end. Used a hardwood line on the outside spike and my laser measure on the inside speaker edge pointed at my chair to get the toe in exact. Just able to see a sliver of the inside of the speaker now.

Funny how such minor changes to placement can have such a big effect. Crazy!
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(27-Mar-2016, 22:08)Dr Tone Wrote: A little twist to reduce toe-in has done wonders to fill in center image and reduce the top end.  Used a hardwood line on the outside spike and my laser measure on the inside speaker edge pointed at my chair to get the toe in exact.  Just able to see a sliver of the inside of the speaker now.

Funny how such minor changes to placement can have such a big effect.  Crazy!

How far from the Wall have you placed them?

Are interested to hear more about your changes
(29-Mar-2016, 19:56)Haas Wrote:
(27-Mar-2016, 22:08)Dr Tone Wrote: A little twist to reduce toe-in has done wonders to fill in center image and reduce the top end.  Used a hardwood line on the outside spike and my laser measure on the inside speaker edge pointed at my chair to get the toe in exact.  Just able to see a sliver of the inside of the speaker now.

Funny how such minor changes to placement can have such a big effect.  Crazy!

How far from the Wall have you placed them?

Are interested to hear more about your changes

From my photos you can see it's a partial wall and the port isn't really firing against the wall with toe-in.  Maybe 16-18 inches.

In a high resolution system small changes can have a big effect indeed. Speaker will need at least 200 hours to show their full potential assuming they are new. Be patient.

Get one more of that rug hanging on the wall behind your speakers and put it on the floor between system and listening chair. You will be surprised. From the little picture it looks like your room is on the lively side.

Enjoy your new speakers, they look wonderful like all wilsons.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(03-Apr-2016, 10:06)Duomike Wrote: In a high resolution system small changes can have a big effect indeed. Speaker will need at least 200 hours to show their full potential assuming they are new. Be patient.

Get one more of that rug hanging on the wall behind your speakers and put it on the floor between system and listening chair. You will be surprised. From the little picture it looks like your room is on the lively side.

Enjoy your new speakers, they look wonderful like all wilsons.

I have a rug on the floor already, so those reflection points are dealt with.  My sitting position is tight to the back wall and there is no way around it because of room size, so I've recently put some absorption there as well.  Yes I know diffusion is usually preferred behind you but I'm so tight to the back wall I was certain it wouldn't have helped.

The absorption behind me has allowed me to toe back in as the room treble is more in control now.  The one draw back of toeing out previously was the speakers didn't disappear.  Now with more toe in almost directly on me as Wilsons are designed, the centre image is lovely and the overall sound isn't harsh and the speakers have disappeared from the music.

I just wish I could get more aggressive on the volume to speed up the break in process a bit.  But condo living doesn't allow that.  Sad

All speakers are designed differently and require different toe in. My duos need to be towed out quite a bit to disappear. Some frineds of mine got kharmas. They need to be pointed straight ahead with no toe in at all
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
I love reading reviews after buying a set of speakers...

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/wi...abrina.htm

http://www.absolutesounds.com/pdf/main/p...a_4web.pdf