Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KEF LS50 wireless
I know they're not really Devialet related, but these look interesting.

http://www.kef.com/html/en/showroom/digi.../overview/

I'm definitely keeping an eye on them. If they became RoonReady they'd potentially be a great second system (or even main system from the first reports about how they sound).

Looks like actives are going to be the thing going forwards - and not just at the uber high-end. I guess all the parts are becoming small and cheap enough, and the infrastructure like network playback, is established enough

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(16-Oct-2016, 12:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I know they're not really Devialet related, but these look interesting.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on them. If they became RoonReady they'd potentially be a great second system (or even main system from the first reports about how they sound).

Looks like actives are going to be the thing going forwards - and not just at the uber high-end. I guess all the parts are becoming small and cheap enough, and the infrastructure like network playback, is established enough

Possibly just the job for rear/side surround setups?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(16-Oct-2016, 12:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I know they're not really Devialet related, but these look interesting.

I think it's very much Devialet related if you happen to own the passive LS50's and a Devialet amp. Especially if you're thinking about upgrading or not.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
True!

I really like the LS50's. If my upgrade doesn't work out, i'll probably move it on along with the speakers around Christmas time and start looking at actives like these. I'm sure more will follow soon. Everything contained within the speaker boxes, and all the latest tech like active crossovers and driver alignment etc. And EQ settings via an iPhone - sounds like an ideal implementation.

Ok the bass is nothing like the Phantom, but they're a lot less restrictive in terms if what you feed them and the looks would suit me better. And you don't have to have a dialogue and spark.

But let's see if there are reports of setup issues, dropouts, white noise, etc first.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Darn! I use LS50's as rears, but of course I have wires trailing around the room to them. These would be far more ideal. (Just blown £3K on PMC Twenty5.23 speakers for my D120, so wallet is going back under lock & key for now).
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
It will be very interesting to see how good these turn out to be. They might sound rubbish, they might be good. They might have brilliant functionality and stability, or they may not. Time will tell! One thing is clear, the UK price is £2000 for a pair, so a lot cheaper than a pair of the White Phantoms and fully half the price of the Gold's. They are also available in a range of colours, which will matter to some. I very much doubt they will match the Phantoms overall for sound quality, but all things considered, they don't have to.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-Oct-2016, 13:18)Confused Wrote: I very much doubt they will match the Phantoms overall for sound quality, but all things considered, they don't have to.

Definitely not in the bass from the specs - they only go down to about 45Hz, and have a sub out option. So I guess you might have to add a sub too if low bass is your thing.

Time to resurrect this thread with a Darko review:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/1...year-2016/

Strangely no mention of comparing with his D200 and passive LS50's
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(29-Dec-2016, 20:45)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Time to resurrect this thread with a Darko review:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/1...year-2016/

Strangely no mention of comparing with his D200 and passive LS50's

He's a big Devialet fan maybe he preferred them but didn't want to upset anyone. The Phantom comparisons were pretty ambiguous too considering the similarity.

If they RoonReady them I'd definitely get them in for a listen.

I had the passive Ls50's ..I doubt the active versions would sound radically different to them.. but if you like chamber music at low volumes and don't want bass to speak of , they are a good choice...If you want all their goodness , you need to pair them with subs
As to actives and DSP actives , been around for yonks and still havent take over the domestic hifi world
Ive had tons of them , yet still went for a passive system.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room