Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very positive user review of the 220
http://forum-hifi.fr/thread-43-post-46659.html#pid46659

In French I'm afraid!  Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(18-Oct-2016, 18:32)GuillaumeB Wrote: http://forum-hifi.fr/thread-43-post-46659.html#pid46659

In French I'm afraid!  Tongue

Guillaume

Any French speakers care to translate the bullet points?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Use google chrome.It will offer to translate it automatically
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
The difference between 200 and 220 is considerable and greater than that between 800 and O d'A...  Cool

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Stop this!! I do not want o be tempted :-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(18-Oct-2016, 20:18)Womaz Wrote: Stop this!! I do not want o be tempted :-)

Reading the review one basically comes away thinking this is a huge upgrade. An upgrade that gives you most of the performance of the O d'A at least... in fact he wonders how the 220 would compare to the O d'A!!

Of course Jalucine was running the 220 with very sensitive speakers so the differences might not be quite so dramatic with speakers with more demanding loads. 

Guillaume

UK
(18-Oct-2016, 20:18)Womaz Wrote: Stop this!! I do not want o be tempted :-)

Well, as Oscar Wilde said, ' I can resist anything except temptation'. I'm in.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Some of the descriptions here remind me of when I listened to the 1000 Pro. In particular 'nuances et détails sans la moindre agressivité'. I thought the 1000 Pro had details in abundance without that 'hifi' hard edge, in other words everything simply sounded very real. A lot of this must be the new ADH I'm sure. So it's back to my theory that with less demanding speakers a 220 Pro could outperform a D400. (Or 800 even?????) someone needs to try this!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Oct-2016, 20:15)GuillaumeB Wrote: The difference between 200 and 220 is considerable and greater than that between 800 and O d'A...  Cool

Guillaume

Thanks! I do use Google translate but just find myself giggling at the translations rather than concentrating on the article. It's much better than my French though.

So "Workshop Original" - is that the literal translation of OdA, or the correct one?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Reading the review one basically comes away thinking this is a huge upgrade. An upgrade that gives you most of the performance of the O d'A at least... in fact he wonders how the 220 would compare to the O d'A!!

Guillaume
[/quote]

So I should sell my Od'A to finance the upgrade of my 200? Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.