Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Pro 1000 Phono Performance
I probably missed it somewhere in this forum, but are 
there any comments from the new owners of the Pro 1000
on the performance of the phono section?

Other than the changes in sound performance for the unit in general, 
please be specific about the phono section:

Has the noise issue been resolved?
Sound enhancements? 
Feature enhancements?
Comments by any published reviews?

If I remember correctly, Original d'Atelier owners said that the noise issue has
not been resolved for phono on this model.  Maybe the Pro 1000?
Comments?
Good question! I too would be interested in feedback on this one. The only clue we have so far was in the review per link below:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3455

Obviously the review only covers the lack of noise in the phono stage of the 1000 Pro as reviewed. I do not believe there is any information to suggest any sound enhancements (other than the potential of lower noise) or feature enhancements. To be honest, the phono stage already sounds good and has all the features you could ever need. So if the noise level is reduced, I for one will be very happy in this regard.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The noise level seems to correlate with the pick up used. Using a Lyra Kleos MC Systems I haven´t had problems with my d800. (I experienced the fact that performance is slightly better using the companion input). After reviewing both the OdA and the D 1000 pro, I have the very subjective feeling, that the V6 platform sounds a bit less neutral but more musical.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos