Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mismatched 800 pair, which to upgrade as master?
My D800 is a mismatched pair, finish-wise. One is bright chrome (upgraded D-Premier) while the other is dark chrome (D250). Assuming that I will do the upgrade to 1000 Pro, any thoughts on which I should make the Master, and which the Companion (if someday I might need to resell separately, since not everyone will want a mismatched stack)? Or should I just upgrade both separately to the 250Pro (for the extra cost)?
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
I would go with the Dark Chrome as the master, if you needed to sell a 250Pro companion off, I think it
would be easier to sell a Bright Crome Companion.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

I've got a pair of D-Premiers and also undecided between either:
  • A 1000Pro (Master & Companion), or
  • A Pair of 250Pro's (both Masters)
I'm leaning towards a pair of D250Pro's as that gives me more options in the future:
  • Sell one if needs be
  • Can seperate and use as singles if required
It's 990Euro extra for the pair of 250Pro's, but if I had to sell should more easily get this back, rather than having to sell a Companion (and a Black companion one would be ever harder to sell)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)