Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
250 Pro vs. 250 Upgrade Review
Fozgometer for VTA/azimuth.

Or an oscilloscope.
Thanks folks. Watchnerd, saw the Fozgometer online (Needle Doctor has it); have you had any calibration needs per this article https://www.analogplanet.com/content/foz...wner-alert ? Do you use the Ultimate Analog Test Record with it? How does it measure VTA or SRA? Can it calibrate Anti-Skating?

Separately, still like what I'm hearing with the XX2 direct to 250 Pro. Finally get to use RAM to play around with the load settings (wish there was a display on the remote). The sweet spot for my system is from 60 to 85 ohms, usually using 60 or 70 depending on the album. Finding 100 a bit brittle.
Devialet 250 Pro, Bryston BDP-2, Acoustic Signature WOW XL with TA1000 Tonearm and Ortofon 2M cartridge, OPPO BDP-83SE, Stenheim Alumine Two, REL G2
The Fozgometer is only used to set Azimuth, it won't help with VTA or SRA or Anti-Skate. I know several folks who use the Ultimate Analog Test record with it. I just have not been able to bring myself to invest that much in a single purpose device. Which is neither here nor there as there are many happy customers of the device.

Glad to hear your progress on the turntable/cartridge front.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Thanks baddog, that was my understanding as well. Still sorting out the cartridge adjustment (particularly on the VTA/SRA front; right now the pivot end of my tonearm is a bit higher than parallel), but enjoying the music in the meantime!
Devialet 250 Pro, Bryston BDP-2, Acoustic Signature WOW XL with TA1000 Tonearm and Ortofon 2M cartridge, OPPO BDP-83SE, Stenheim Alumine Two, REL G2
FWIW - the pivot end of my tonearm is slightly higher than parallel and I am quite happy with the sound.

Some people invest in a digital USB microscope to try and manage VTA.

Something similar to this item on eBay:

Andonstar 2MP USB Digital Microscope Camera Magnifier video Endoscope Camera USA
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US