Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No EU countries & VAT charged on upgrade
(22-Oct-2016, 23:25)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(22-Oct-2016, 23:06)audio_engr Wrote: heck .. you guys are outright quibbling about Duty-on-duty @ 6.5% whilst I am also contemplating the 400 > 440Pro upgrade but am currently in a country where the customs duties are 95% ...    Sad

p.s. thank God my job/employer allowed me a free-of-duty allowance for the first 6-months wherein the devialets came in ...

95% customs duty: A mate of mine lives in Senegal and told me something similar but then he doesn't pay income tax...that would make up for it  Smile

What do you expect if you live in corrupt African states. I have been to The Gambia many times, so I know how these things (don't) work out there. Certainly would not contemplate trying to import anything of value there.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(22-Oct-2016, 21:49)BrianT Wrote:
(22-Oct-2016, 21:15)AllenB Wrote: I have asked them about Jersey, and received no reply.

Allen

So i'm not the only one being ignored Sad 

Brian

Brian

All I have had is the automatic ticket response, no follow up, nothing. Really amateurish.

Allen
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(22-Oct-2016, 23:06)audio_engr Wrote: heck .. you guys are outright quibbling about Duty-on-duty @ 6.5% whilst I am also contemplating the 400 > 440Pro upgrade but am currently in a country where the customs duties are 95% ...    Sad

p.s. thank God my job/employer allowed me a free-of-duty allowance for the first 6-months wherein the devialets came in ...

Aurp

With the duty and taxes, we are looking at nearly 20%, but 95% is frigin CRAZY
(23-Oct-2016, 02:22)AllenB Wrote: Has the fact that the upgrade store page being down for days now got anything to do with this?

Allen

I have no problems accessing the upgrade page 8:00am est

I think that we need more people asking them about the VAT

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(23-Oct-2016, 13:01)BrianT Wrote:

Aurp

With the duty and taxes, we are looking at nearly 20%, but 95% is frigin CRAZY
(23-Oct-2016, 02:22)AllenB Wrote: Has the fact that the upgrade store page being down for days now got anything to do with this?

Allen

I have no problems accessing the upgrade page 8:00am est

I think that we need more people asking them about the VAT

Brian

Quote below part of my email from Devialet Support (doesn't specifically say Customs/Import Taxes, but understand all costs are taken care of)
  • [Image: 76d908162c3fcac6f438d3d3ff716e44?default...ar.png&r=g]
    Océane TurpinJuly 28, 2016 15:56
    DearJohn, 

No problem at all ! 
    Yes shipping and taxes are included; 
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Im a owner of 250 Pro and live in Hong Kong(no VAT), i have placed the upgrade thru dealer in UK, there has no charges for VAT.

(24-Oct-2016, 06:16)jjmouse Wrote: Im a owner of 250 Pro and live in Hong Kong(no VAT), i have placed the upgrade thru dealer in UK, there has no charges for VAT.

jjmouse

The 20% VATis already in the upgrade price not an add on like duty or sales tax.
Please make sure you ship directly to Devialet and not to the dealer in England
as i have had confirmation that Devialet pay all the incoming duty and taxes, if the D250
is shipped to the dealer and then to you, you will be liable for the duty and taxes when it enters Hong Kong.
A copy of an Email I got from Devialet today.

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the delayed response, 
As per Deivalet, customers will pay VAT on the website and then Devialet Inc or Devialet SA pays the D&T while crossing the borders. 
I hope this answers your questions, 
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

So it looks like Devialet are charging the 20% VAT on upgrade orders, and are using that maoney
to pay the import duty and taxes, so hopfuly the Canadian government will not be asking me for
any cash to pay the duty and sales tax.
This is an Email I got today from Devialet.

Hi Brian,
As per Deivalet, customers will pay VAT on the website and then Devialet Inc or Devialet SA pays the D&T while crossing the borders.

So it looks like all is FINE with Devialet collecting the 20% VAT on out of UE county sales.

Brian
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Ah, seems reasonable. Thanks BrianT for following up on that issue. Customs can be a challenge for anybody, in any country, so some crossing of fingers may still be in order.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(24-Oct-2016, 23:00)BrianT Wrote:

(24-Oct-2016, 06:16)jjmouse Wrote: Im a owner of 250 Pro and live in Hong Kong(no VAT), i have placed the upgrade thru dealer in UK, there has no charges for VAT.

jjmouse

The 20% VATis already in the upgrade price not an add on like duty or sales tax.
Please make sure you ship directly to Devialet and not to the dealer in England
as i have had confirmation that Devialet pay all the incoming duty and taxes, if the D250
is shipped to the dealer and then to you, you will be liable for the duty and taxes when it enters Hong Kong.
A copy of an Email I got from Devialet today.

Hi Brian,

Hi Brian,

In Hong Kong, there has no any tax on goods, also the dealer in UK were quoted a price with VAT(within Europe) or without VAT price, and since my shipping address is Hong Kong, therefore, no VAT were charged to me. Those update price listed in Devialet eg. euro 3490 is with VAT, for people outside europe, which means they are charging 3490 /1.2 = 2908 for upgrade cost. However, you may have to pay the import tax in your country. The above is in condition on my case, which i ordered the upgrade thru my UK dealer.
(25-Oct-2016, 03:45)jjmouse Wrote: I live in Hong Kong, there has no any tax on goods, also the dealer in UK were quoted a price with VAT(within Europe) or without VAT price, and since my shipping address is Hong Kong, therefore, no VAT were charged to me. Those update price listed in Devialet eg. euro 3490 is with VAT, for people outside europe, which means they are charging 3490 /1.2 = 2908 for upgrade cost. However, you may have to pay the import tax in your country. The above is in condition on my case, which i ordered the upgrade thru my UK dealer.

jjmouse

I understand now, you placed your order VAT exempt, and you look after you own duty and taxes.
But as Hong Kong the duty and tax rate is zero, you will end up paying no tax at all.

That is how I was expecting to have placed my order, VAT exempt and then pay the 6.5% duty and 13% sales tax when it was returned.

I'm happy with the way Devialet are doing it, charging the VAT and then they pay the duty and taxes when it is returned to you.
I your case you are the winner, with no duty & taxes in Hong Kong.

Brian
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.