Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
400 vs 440 Pro
Are you using the trigger cable between units? That may allow the slave/companion to power down further.
(25-Oct-2016, 13:31)deviousalet Wrote: Are you using the trigger cable between units? That may allow the slave/companion to power down further.

No, the configuration that I use doesn't require it. Great idea though.  I'll connect it and see if it makes a difference. Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Day 3 and the sound is changing for the better. The treble seems to be more pronounced, but not in a harsh way. Percussion sounds more prominent, beautifully extended highs with not a hint of stress or hardness. I'm running SAM at 50% at the moment and bass is deep, fast and agile.  All round the sound is improving. I thought it sounded good out of the box, but it just keeps getting better. Needless to say I am a very happy bunny.  Tongue

Edit: I can confirm that the 440 loses nothing at low volumes. Slam, power and emotion intact !
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Mikeeo who switched from Devialet to Aavik: If you're reading this buddy, check out the new D440 Pro and stack it up against your U 300. I'd love to know the results! Big Grin
South Coast England
Are you on the payroll Axel? Angel

(I'll soon be finding out for myself what the fuss is about!)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(25-Oct-2016, 16:15)Axel Wrote: Mikeeo who switched from Devialet to Aavik: If you're reading this buddy, check out the new D440 Pro and stack it up against your U 300. I'd love to know the results! Big Grin

I might meet Mikeeo at the Hifi & Surround show in Copenhagen next weekend, I will talk to him if he wants to compare his Aavik to my 440Pro when I get it and put some hours on it. Might be able to perhaps do a test with D440, Aavik and Diablo 300 if the owners of them are intrested.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(25-Oct-2016, 17:33)octaviars Wrote: Might be able to perhaps do a test with D440, Aavik and Diablo 300 if the owners of them are intrested.

That would be a very interesting comparison!
Warwickshire, UK
(25-Oct-2016, 17:25)thumb5 Wrote: Are you on the payroll Axel? Angel

Ha ha! No, just my honest thoughts on the subject. Hope your upgrade goes smoothly.
South Coast England
(25-Oct-2016, 17:33)octaviars Wrote:
(25-Oct-2016, 16:15)Axel Wrote: Mikeeo who switched from Devialet to Aavik: If you're reading this buddy, check out the new D440 Pro and stack it up against your U 300. I'd love to know the results! Big Grin

I might meet Mikeeo at the Hifi & Surround show in Copenhagen next weekend, I will talk to him if he wants to compare his Aavik to my 440Pro when I get it and put some hours on it. Might be able to perhaps do a test with D440, Aavik and Diablo 300 if the owners of them are intrested.
Agree with Ian: that would make a great three way shootout.
South Coast England
(26-Oct-2016, 03:49)Axel Wrote:
(25-Oct-2016, 17:25)thumb5 Wrote: Are you on the payroll Axel? Angel

Ha ha! No, just my honest thoughts on the subject. Hope your upgrade goes smoothly.

Thanks!  Well, I have a 440 Pro to listen to for a couple of days to help me make my mind up about it.  And...first reaction...wow!  Very, very nice.  I honestly doubt I'll need the two days.
Warwickshire, UK