Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration problems
I've configured my 440 Pro the same way that I used to with the 400.
The pre-outs on the companion feed my headphone amp.
I've tried several times to get this right, but I'm not getting any signal from my pre-outs at all.
Before I get onto Devialet help, does anyone have any ideas?
Please see my configuration below.

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(24-Oct-2016, 16:28)Axel Wrote: I've configured my 440 Pro the same way that I used to with the 400.
I've tried several times to get this right, but I'm not getting any signal from my pre-outs at all.

Should there be a 3.5mm link cable between Master and Companion?

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(24-Oct-2016, 16:38)brit Wrote:
(24-Oct-2016, 16:28)Axel Wrote: I've configured my 440 Pro the same way that I used to with the 400.

David

I have no experience with output on the companion but I know that input on the companion needs the 3.5mm link cable. If it was needed the configurator would show it I think.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(24-Oct-2016, 16:49)octaviars Wrote:
(24-Oct-2016, 16:38)brit Wrote:

David

I have no experience with output on the companion but I know that input on the companion needs the 3.5mm link cable. If it was needed the configurator would show it I think.

My apologies, I think that you are right - it is when using Companion with an input that link is require.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Yes guys, no link needed. As I said earlier, I used to configure my 400 exactly this way.
Thanks for your input all the same! Smile
Perhaps this is the first 440 Configurator bug?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(24-Oct-2016, 18:24)Axel Wrote: Yes guys, no link needed. As I said earlier, I used to configure my 400 exactly this way.

Sorry that I was no help at all Big Grin.

I know that I have sometimes had problems with the Configurator, especially if I have tried to edit an existing configuration. What I have had to do is to start the configuration from scratch, and this has normally worked for me.

David
or, as alternative, 

UK
(24-Oct-2016, 18:39)brit Wrote:
(24-Oct-2016, 18:24)Axel Wrote: Yes guys, no link needed. As I said earlier, I used to configure my 400 exactly this way.

I know that I have sometimes had problems with the Configurator, especially if I have tried to edit an existing configuration. What I have had to do is to start the configuration from scratch, and this has normally worked for me.

David

I started this configuration from scratch. I might start again, but I'm wrapped up in the music at the moment!  Tongue
South Coast England
(24-Oct-2016, 18:42)Axel Wrote:
(24-Oct-2016, 18:39)brit Wrote:
Thanks for r input all the same! Smile

David

I started this configuration from scratch. I might start again, but I'm wrapped up in the music at the moment!  Tongue

Will leave you in peace to enjoy your new toy Smile. I am still waiting for mine to arrive Sad.

David
or, as alternative, 

UK
(24-Oct-2016, 19:03)brit Wrote:
(24-Oct-2016, 18:42)Axel Wrote:
(24-Oct-2016, 18:39)brit Wrote: Sorry that I was no help at all Big Grin.

David

Will leave you in peace to enjoy your new toy Smile. I am still waiting for mine to arrive Sad.

David

It'll be worth the wait, mate!  Smile
South Coast England
As a last ditch attempt to get my cans working, I put the SD card in with the settings for my old 400, and guess what? Everything worked as it should. 
I'm going to report this to Devialet as I believe that the new Pro Configurator is buggy.
South Coast England