Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
AIR3.0.1 beta puzzles me
I've got to try 3.0.1 then! I found 3.0.0 a considerable improvement over 2.1.whatever.
My first impression is 3.0.1 has a smaller soundstage and is less involving but I have a cold that may contribute. Will do some further testing later this week.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(07-Nov-2016, 18:21)Confused Wrote: ...  For me, I did not find a significant difference between Windows AIR 2 & 3.  Although I have not tried AIR 3.0.1 yet.  (there is little point my trying anything like this at the moment as I have not yet got used to my only been run for about 6 hours amp!)

I feel for you. It must be a hard time to burn in a 1000 Pro  Angel . I would take over your karma on this probably  Big Grin

It might be obvious though that an AIR-Version producing dropouts is also loosing some packets before you actually hear the dropout (if there is a compensation for this) resulting in less SQ than the Beta 3.0.1 producing no dropouts.
It might also use more CPU-Activity than an AIR-Version with no dropouts. I know it is out of some people's believesystem that CPU-Activity has anything to do with SQ/Ethernet-Protocol, but there are some ETH-cables out there sounding different...so, who knows?

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
When I could get AIR 2.1.3 to work and compared it to streaming versus the Sonore microRendu (with iFi PS), I preferred the microRendu for sound quality.    When AIR 3 beta came out, I found it much, much closer to the sound via the microRendu... very minor differences if any at all.   When AIR 3.0.1 beta came out, I could tell no difference between it and AIR 3 beta.

Right now, I'm primarily using AIR 3.0.1 beta on a Win 10 PC and have not had a single issue with it.   Note, however, that I am using AIR via ethernet to the Devialet.  Not wifi.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA