Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed. 440 trouble
(30-Oct-2016, 18:34)thumb5 Wrote: Maybe it was a complete power-down and re-start that sorted it out?  (Rather than re-loading the firmware.)  Anyway, glad it's fixed without too much bother.

I'd already tried powering down (unplugging) the amps. Tried every trick in the book, but only re-loading the firmware (I actually went down to 10.0.2, then back up to 10.0.5) did the trick.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I sure hope for you this is a one off. I don't know how you have your amp set up but for me, getting the SD card in and out is enough of a nightmare, let alone the time wasted not listening to music.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(31-Oct-2016, 04:33)Axel Wrote:
(30-Oct-2016, 18:34)thumb5 Wrote: Maybe it was a complete power-down and re-start that sorted it out?  (Rather than re-loading the firmware.)  Anyway, glad it's fixed without too much bother.

I'd already tried powering down (unplugging) the amps. Tried every trick in the book, but only re-loading the firmware (I actually went down to 10.0.2, then back up to 10.0.5) did the trick.

Hmm, I was afraid you might say that.  Let's hope it's a one-off.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(31-Oct-2016, 09:29)thumb5 Wrote:
(31-Oct-2016, 04:33)Axel Wrote:

Hmm, I was afraid you might say that.  Let's hope it's a one-off.

Yeah, lets put it down to a glitch.
I have another problem which I'll post under a new heading.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I had something similar in setting up my 440 for the first time on saturday, I got massive distortion from the right speaker (connected to the companion) and silence from the left. I turned of with the remote, double checked the link connections, the 2nd link cable might not have been 100% in, and then it was OK. It reported last fault on the companion as 'magic wire calibration error', or similar. I've put it down to user error for now.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(31-Oct-2016, 13:54)Soniclife Wrote: I had something similar in setting up my 440 for the first time on saturday, I got massive distortion from the right speaker (connected to the companion) and silence from the left.  I turned of with the remote, double checked the link connections, the 2nd link cable might not have been 100% in, and then it was OK.  It reported last fault on the companion as 'magic wire calibration error', or similar.  I've put it down to user error for now.

Sounds almost the same as mine except last fault: none.
South Coast England
Very odd it didn't report a fault when it had one.

Has reinstalling firmware fixed what seems like a hardware issue in the past for anyone?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(31-Oct-2016, 13:56)Axel Wrote:
(31-Oct-2016, 13:54)Soniclife Wrote: I had something similar in setting up my 440 for the first time on saturday, I got massive distortion from the right speaker (connected to the companion) and silence from the left.  I turned of with the remote, double checked the link connections, the 2nd link cable might not have been 100% in, and then it was OK.  It reported last fault on the companion as 'magic wire calibration error', or similar.  I've put it down to user error for now.

Did you check this before re-flashing the firmware? I think it's very likely the firmware installation resets the error memory.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(31-Oct-2016, 14:25)Antoine Wrote:
(31-Oct-2016, 13:56)Axel Wrote:

Did you check this before re-flashing the firmware? I think it's very likely the firmware installation resets the error memory.

Yes, checked before re-flashing firmware.
South Coast England