Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major announcement!
(03-Nov-2016, 02:55)hk6230 Wrote: Congratulations, Guillaume. I hope one day I can do something similar in Malaysia. All the best.

Cheers!  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(03-Nov-2016, 16:11)tategoi Wrote: Congratulations Guillaume. Wish you success in your new business.

Thank you! Much appreciated.  Smile

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Congrats Guillaume!

Very nice to see you chase your dreams.
Congratulations Guillaume. If only this was a few months earlier I bought two Sigmas from the usa and use uk adaptors !
Devialet D400
Wilson Sasha
Onkyo Cd transport via aes/ebu
Direct Drive Turntable Micro Benz Gold MC Cartridge
2 x Shunyata Sigma Digital Power Cord
Transparent Super MM2 Speaker Cable
very well! good brand to start your business.
Got a question though. Why didnt you get another name for your company? Don't believe you will only stay with that brand. I am sure in the future you will try to get other Audio brands also, like we all did Smile
Anyway, if you want to talk business I would be interested to discuss for a dealership in UK so please contact me at info@cosmo-tech.info should you want to cooperate.
Zen

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(06-Nov-2016, 10:16)egg1dog Wrote: Congratulations Guillaume. If only this was a few months earlier I bought two Sigmas from the usa and use uk adaptors !

Thanks!  Smile

Have you considered fitting US sockets? I have Furutech GTX-Ds here. Actually Shunyata gave me some of their US outlets to try so I will replace one to see if it makes a difference. 

PS - I wouldn't condone doing this without the approval of your electrician! Mine only agreed to it with a 10A RCBO at the consumer unit, and each circuit is dedicated. Safety comes first!

Guillaume

UK
(05-Nov-2016, 03:56)Allman77 Wrote: Congrats Guillaume!

Very nice to see you chase your dreams.

Cheers!  Smile

Guillaume

UK
(07-Nov-2016, 13:40)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Nov-2016, 10:16)egg1dog Wrote: Congratulations Guillaume. If only this was a few months earlier I bought two Sigmas from the usa and use uk adaptors !

Thanks!  Smile

Have you considered fitting US sockets? I have Furutech GTX-Ds here. Actually Shunyata gave me some of their US outlets to try so I will replace one to see if it makes a difference. 

PS - I wouldn't condone doing this without the approval of your electrician! Mine only agreed to it with a 10A RCBO at the consumer unit, and each circuit is dedicated. Safety comes first!

Guillaume

Am I right in thinking that the US connectors have no fuse in line on the live side?  I was toying with the idea of using 15A UK outlets and plugs (which have no fuse protection) to see if there was any step up in SQ. In my mind, the fuse has to be the weakest link in the chain. It's all very well using cables as thick as your wrist when the juice has to go through a fuse with a tiny piece of wire inside it. Does that make sense?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(08-Nov-2016, 03:47)Axel Wrote:
(07-Nov-2016, 13:40)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Thanks!  Smile

Guillaume

Am I right in thinking that the US connectors have no fuse in line on the live side?  I was toying with the idea of using 15A UK outlets and plugs (which have no fuse protection) to see if there was any step up in SQ. In my mind, the fuse has to be the weakest link in the chain. It's all very well using cables as thick as your wrist when the juice has to go through a fuse with a tiny piece of wire inside it. Does that make sense?

Yes correct - no fuses on US cables. Or Schuko ones for that matter.

The fuse is definitely the big weak link in the UK power cord and upgrading these could lead to some gains. Having said that every conductor and contact junction is a potential weak link; basically everything matters with transient current delivery. 

Once again you should never sacrifice fire and electrical safety for the sake of a trivial sonic gain.  You could use 15A rated outlets and plugs but that should only be done under the supervision of a qualified electrician.

Guillaume

UK
(08-Nov-2016, 19:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(08-Nov-2016, 03:47)Axel Wrote:
(07-Nov-2016, 13:40)GuillaumeB Wrote: Thanks!  Smile

Guillaume

Yes correct - no fuses on US cables. Or Schuko ones for that matter.

The fuse is definitely the big weak link in the UK power cord and upgrading these could lead to some gains. Having said that every conductor and contact junction is a potential weak link; basically everything matters with transient current delivery. 

Once again you should never sacrifice fire and electrical safety for the sake of a trivial sonic gain.  You could use 15A rated outlets and plugs but that should only be done under the supervision of a qualified electrician.

Guillaume

Thanks for the confirmation, Guillaume. Of course, I wouldn't dare do anything that might void my house/contents insurance and will definitely be consulting my sparks.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England