Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
440 Configurator Issues?
Anyone noticed issues with Configurator recently?

With my new 440 upgrade I recently tried to 'edit' an existing config file, but found that once I had downloaded to changed file, if I went back to the new version for some reason some alterations were not there! I thought perhaps it was me, but I have done this numerous times, and even started a new on from scratch, with the same problems.

Seems to revolve around ports that mysteriously reactivate themselves, trigger links missing etc!!! e.g. because I want to use BOTH AES/EBU ports (Master & Companion), the configurator suggests I use a trigger wire alongside the usual M/C link. Fine!, but once complete and downloaded, reload the site file later, and lo and behold, no trigger link, and trigger ports blanked out!

Makes me rather nervous that all is not well here!

Damn annoying! Angry
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(10-Jan-2017, 16:17)teddlesdee Wrote: Anyone noticed issues with Configurator recently?

With my new 440 upgrade I recently tried to 'edit' an existing config file, but found that once I had downloaded to changed file, if I went back to the new version for some reason some alterations were not there! I thought perhaps it was me, but I have done this numerous times, and even started a new on from scratch, with the same problems.

Seems to revolve around ports that mysteriously reactivate themselves, trigger links missing etc!!! e.g. because I want to use BOTH AES/EBU ports (Master & Companion), the configurator suggests I use a trigger wire alongside the usual M/C link. Fine!, but once complete and downloaded, reload the site file later, and lo and behold, no trigger link, and trigger ports blanked out!

Makes me rather nervous that all is not well here!

Damn annoying! Angry

It's been reported in the past that Safari as a browser can have some issues downloading the file. I know that's not the same as the configurator not working right but maybe a different browser can help. Worth a try.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
You can also have your configuration files emailed to you.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(11-Jan-2017, 04:46)Axel Wrote: You can also have your configuration files emailed to you.

Nahh, actually I tried in Google chrome as well as safari - both do the same thing.
Just V annoying having to remember the settings, cos they have been partially lost when opening a saved one.

Also discovered that despite doing all the same things as I did with 400 when updating the Config (both machines), when the master boots, it triggers the companion to boot, but unlike the Master that shows the name of my Config file. the Companion shows 'S1' first time around, but then later seems to load ADH, and for all intent behaves like it has loaded the correct config file... Very odd!

So, I tried again... well 5 times... and each time from totally switched off (nothing on display - totally black), it did the exact same thing... S1 on slave , then load ADH then behaves fine...

I remember someone saying something similar in a recent thread?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Ted, I don't know if it's something you do wrong or not but I'll just tell you what I do every time I change configs.

I delete the old file from the SD card, take the card out, re-insert it and check that it is empty. I never save my new config file to the SD card. I save it to a folder on my laptop. From there I copy it to the SD card.

It has always worked for me but then again, i don't change configs much.

All the best,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I also delete the existing config from my SD card as well before loading a new one after a failed attempt at an update once. Don't go to Jim's lengths as I download straight on to it after deleting (in windows it still sees the old file and asks you to over write) since then I have never had a problem.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Found the problem with the configurator file!!!

I did some tests and then looked into the Companion and Master files

The Master correctly renames the Name and the CONFIG_NAME the same see below

"CONFIG_INFO":{
"NAME":"440-AV",
"DATE":"2017-01-03 14:11:47",
"BUILD":"Wed, 11 Jan 17 18:24:40 +0000",
"CONFIG_NAME":"440-AV",
"VERSION":"v2.0.6-20140508"

BUT.....
The Companion File has been generated thus:

"CONFIG_INFO":{
"NAME":"S1",
"DATE":"2017-01-03 14:11:47",
"BUILD":"Wed, 11 Jan 17 18:24:40 +0000",
"CONFIG_NAME":"440-AV",
"VERSION":"v2.0.6-20140508"

Yep... looks like a programming error! Causing some of us to doubt our own sanity!

BUT... I think there is more to this... I have left this as S1 and will find out from Dev

Cheers

Keith