Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AIR 3.0 beta for Mac Sierra
I'm again having problems streaming with wifi using AIR. It was working well until recently but now I again have stuttering and stopping. No wifi issues generally. I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems? I wonder if it's related to the OS update?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(02-Nov-2016, 16:00)avta Wrote: I'm again having problems streaming with wifi using AIR. It was working well until recently but now I again have stuttering and stopping. No wifi issues generally. I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems? I wonder if it's related to the OS update?

I'm using Air 3.0 beta with Sierra without any more issues than with El Capitan, just the occasional very short stuttering once every couple of days.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Thanks. Are you using the most currrent update to Sierra?
I'm on 10.12.1 but using Ethernet. No issues except the odd stuttering and stopping every now and them.

Most embarassing, streaming sometimes will lead to no sound at all on the Expert Pro. Rebooting the Mac or Expert Pro does not help. I discovered I have to be patient. After 10 or more minutes, it will eventually start producing sound just by itself.

Another Mac also exhibits the same issue. I suspect it's due to some thread being deadlocked in the Expert Pro and eventually timing out.
(02-Nov-2016, 20:06)avta Wrote: Thanks. Are you using the most currrent update to Sierra?

Yes the most up to date version of Sierra as well as iTunes.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Jean-Marie your signature indicates you're using an Ethernet connection. Were you referring to wifi in your response? I haven't tried Ethernet. My problems are with wifi. I did try a few players ( Amarra,iTunes,Audirvana ) but all had the same problem.
Wifi sucks. You do not need it.
Use only ethernet AIR and it works perfectly even with AUDIRVANA
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(03-Nov-2016, 00:44)avta Wrote: Jean-Marie your signature indicates you're using an Ethernet connection. Were you referring to wifi in your response? I haven't tried Ethernet. My problems are with wifi. I did try a few players ( Amarra,iTunes,Audirvana ) but all had the same problem.

My network is a bit complex:

It goes via wifi over a couple of meters from the macbook pro to an airport access point. From there it is Ethernet over PLC.

So I have both Wifi and Ethernet in the connexion.

Jean-Marie
France
Thanks. I remember that now from one of your previous responses to my questions. I've sent a request to support. Hopefully they can help. They recently updated AIR for Windows so possibly a Mac update is in the wings.
(05-Nov-2016, 15:12)avta Wrote: Thanks. I remember that now from one of your previous responses to my questions. I've sent a request to support. Hopefully they can help. They recently updated AIR for Windows so possibly a Mac update is in the wings.

I'm pretty sure there will be one.
France