Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick SAM question
Hi all,

Finally I have my set up working after buggering around for many hours last night, and it sounds amazing! So very pleased with my little 120, and my Atom GT1s.

Quick question on SAM. I've obviously uploaded the configuration so the devialet knows what speakers I'm using. 

On the "Tone" control on the remote I notice a section where you can select SAM from 0% to 100%. Is that whether the devialet is using SAM (i.e. 0% it's not and 100% it is)? Or is it something more subtle than that?

Thanks in advance
Steve
SAM works in 2 ways. One corrects the phase and works whenever SAM is enabled, the other extends the bass and is adjustable to taste and room with the 0 to 100% control.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(04-Nov-2016, 22:24)sjw98 Wrote: Hi all,

Finally I have my set up working after buggering around for many hours last night, and it sounds amazing! So very pleased with my little 120, and my Atom GT1s.

Quick question on SAM. I've obviously uploaded the configuration so the devialet knows what speakers I'm using. 

On the "Tone" control on the remote I notice a section where you can select SAM from 0% to 100%. Is that whether the devialet is using SAM (i.e. 0% it's not and 100% it is)? Or is it something more subtle than that?

Thanks in advance
Steve

SAM is either on or off.  The % value adjusts the amount of bass extension.  100% give you the full extension mentioned on Devialet's site for your speakers.

100% isn't alway the right value for certain speakers and certain rooms.  Room modes can act up, boomy bass or other issues.

I find in my room I can't go higher than 10% or the life gets sucked out of the music.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Perfect - thanks chaps.

Just as an aside... where am I meant to find this information? The manual is obviously quite sparse, and it's relatively difficult to navigate the devialet pages and get something useful!
(04-Nov-2016, 23:44)sjw98 Wrote: Just as an aside... where am I meant to find this information?

Right here! Wink

Devialetchat has been 'writing the manuals' for free for all to share....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<