Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hifi_swlon's system
(08-Nov-2016, 22:10)Confused Wrote: The Eastender drums have moved to the South West I think, I'm sure I heard them after reading post #1 here. Sad

I did hear a rumour that the man has bought Phantom Golds.  Pah!  I thought, it's obviously a 250Pro......   Then it dawned on me...... Shy

Ah, I think I get your drift...hopefully all will be revealed soon.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(09-Nov-2016, 08:49)thumb5 Wrote:
(08-Nov-2016, 22:10)Confused Wrote: The Eastender drums have moved to the South West I think, I'm sure I heard them after reading post #1 here. Sad

I did hear a rumour that the man has bought Phantom Golds.  Pah!  I thought, it's obviously a 250Pro......   Then it dawned on me...... Shy

Ah, I think I get your drift...hopefully all will be revealed soon.

The suspense is killing me...
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Good choice! Congratulations!
I'll be getting my 250 back from Paris soon. Only problem is we'll be travelling till mid January so I have decided to let my dealer borrow the amp while we are away.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Yes, I'm sure the anticipation was too much.....

I went for option 3 and my Devialet changed to a 250Pro. I know! Shock! Horror!

Anyway, I wasn't expecting much improvement to be honest - I've heard all the hype before. But without going into detail yet, I will say I'm really surprised Jeff Fritz couldn't hear the difference between a 1000Pro and a 200, to the point it depended on the recording quality.

More to follow...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Great news, sounds like you're enjoying it so far - good to hear!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
So how'd you get from a 200 to a 250 Pro?  Sell/buy or trade?    I didn't think Devialet was selling new 250 Pros individually.

But congrats!   Next step, 1000 Pro?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
That looks awesome!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Great choice, looks great on the wall. I think I have to get mine wall mounted, need the Pro upgrade first though :-)
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(11-Nov-2016, 17:12)mdconnelly Wrote: So how'd you get from a 200 to a 250 Pro?  Sell/buy or trade?    I didn't think Devialet was selling new 250 Pros individually.

But congrats!   Next step, 1000 Pro?

Haha, I put a hint (well, a little bit more than a hint) in the original post but I'd forgive you for falling asleep before you got to that bit... I'm sure I'll come back with more details after I've allowed a bit of recovery time.

The not selling the 250 any more (if true - Devialet said it to me directly, but.... you know....) is a bit crazy. OK I know they've got themselves into a predicament with the pricing - its hard to justify selling one box at twelve grand when you can have two boxes that apparently sound better and have more power, for the same money. Announcing that the electronics are identical, and only the case differs, doesn't really help their sell either does it - I mean that's a hell of a lot to charge for a nice case and heatsink.

I guess Devialet must think their target market can afford 20 grand for the premium system (and I'm sure it's small change to some - plenty of takers on this site), but I'm sure there must be at least a few people that would like a 250 knowing that someday they might add to it to make a 1000 when they can afford it. Or people like me that just only want one box (am I the only one!?). Anyway, I wouldn't have bought one outright as that would also have been out of my league, but this way I've saved (thanks Devialet) and also spread the payments out a little bit by getting a 200 first.

No 1000 Pro for me though. That said, despite the fact that I don't want two boxes (the nervosa over the cable connecting them alone would kill me), don't have space for them, and couldn't afford it even if I did, I did think yesterday 'I wonder how the facts would sound with a 1000 Pro'! I would surely love to hear it, and am now feeling at least a bit jealous of those that have one. But I wouldn't go there, more important priorities have taken over, and this was a real squeeze to do and hard to justify as it was.

I'll be honest, I didn't actually think I'd be keeping it!