Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordered a upgrade version, dealer no response after payment
Hi all,

I do really need advise on my recent purchase from a UK dealer "stoneaudio". In 2 Sep 2016, i have purchased a devialet 120 demo from stoneaudio and requested to upgrade it to 220 Pro, on that time full payment was successfully go thru by my visa credit card.

The dealer told me it will arrive on around mid of Oct, however, after mid of oct, since there has no reply and i would like to request for refund.I have sent several email to their official email /facebook/the incharged person for my sales, all with no response and no reply. I have tried even to post on their facebook message, also no reply at all. It is really a terrible experience to have a shopping experience like that, i have purchased many many times thru online from UK/Germany/US, it was never like that.

I have already reported to my bank and request to dispute this transaction, the amount is around 6000 pounds(im living in Hong Kong, therefore no VAT is charged), but the bank needed more time for investigation, anything i can do if they do not reply any of my email ?

Please help.
(07-Nov-2016, 03:01)jjmouse Wrote: Hi all,

I do really need advise on my recent purchase from a UK dealer "stoneaudio". In 2 Sep 2016, i have purchased a devialet 120 demo from stoneaudio and requested to upgrade it to 220 Pro, on that time full payment was successfully go thru by my visa credit card.

The dealer told me it will arrive on around mid of Oct, however, after mid of oct, since there has no reply and i would like to request for refund.I have sent several email to their official email /facebook/the incharged person for my sales, all with no response and no reply. I have tried even to post on their facebook message, also no reply at all. It is really a terrible experience to have a shopping experience like that, i have purchased many many times thru online from UK/Germany/US, it was never like that.

I have already reported to my bank and request to dispute this transaction, the amount is around 6000 pounds(im living in Hong Kong, therefore no VAT is charged), but the bank needed more time for investigation, anything i can do if they do not reply any of my email ?

Please help.

Phone them up? Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Jay - That would seem a wise course of action.  Sorry to hear about your poor experience, sometimes there is no substitute for a phone call. Hope it works out for you!

http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
DM them on Twitter (@stoneaudio)

If it puts your mind at rest a bit they posted on there today (1h ago) so they haven't gone out of business or anything sinister as far as I can see.

Good luck!
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
Update:

Tried to use another email to message to them, finally received their reply.

"Hi,

Apologies for the delay but your Devialet upgrade has been received back to us and was processed for shipment to you at the end of last week. You should receive it by the end of this week.

This isn’t something we can now refund to you I’m afraid as a great deal of work has been carried out to upgrade the unit for you by the manufacturer.

I will have the UPS shipping/tracking details sent over to you later today. "

I have no confidence with this company anymore. There has still no tracking number on today, do you guys thinks im able to reject the parcel if they really post to me and get back my refund?Since my bank is already helping for transaction dispute, Please share your experience.
I would humbly suggest the following. Assuming you still want the upgraded amps, inform them that unless you receive the tracking number within the next 24 hours and delivery of the upgraded unit by end of the week, you will be proceeding with a refund request from your bank.

This all depends of course on whether you still want the upgraded unit.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(08-Nov-2016, 02:59)baddog Wrote: I would humbly suggest the following. Assuming you still want the upgraded amps, inform them that unless you receive the tracking number within the next 24 hours and delivery of the upgraded unit by end of the week, you will be proceeding with a refund request from your bank.

This all depends of course on whether you still want the upgraded unit.

Dear Baddog,

Thank you for your suggestion, actually i have ordered another 250 Pro on near end of Sep(from Oxford studio), and it is already arrived in 15/10. They(oxford) are doing really great customer experience with me.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3558

My plan was trying to compare both and sell one in local(Hong Kong), since the price in Hong Kong is much higher compared to UK, so it can justify the cost. But in view of current situation, i lose the faith with stoneaudio...

Huh Huh
Please don't do anything that you might regret. Think carefully about pressing for a refund. It might be a lot easier to just go with the flow and just wait for them to arrive. Say you did get a refund: what then? Could you find something else for the same price that could satisfy the hole that the Devialet left? Probably not, I'd say.

Edit:  I think our posts may have crossed. I didn't realise you had a 250.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Ok, I see you have the 250 Pro, and still have not received your 220 Pro. That being the case, and given you never had the unit in your possession, perhaps it would be best to let them know firmly you would like a refund and you have lodged a dispute with your bank on the matter.

It seems you have everything well documented.

p.s. apologies I forgot that you purchased a 250 as well and posted the unboxing video...
SXSW, US
(08-Nov-2016, 04:03)baddog Wrote: Ok, I see you have the 250 Pro, and still have not received your 220 Pro. That being the case, and given you never had the unit in your possession, perhaps it would be best to let them know firmly you would like a refund and you have lodged a dispute with your bank on the matter.

It seems you have everything well documented.

p.s. apologies I forgot that you purchased a 250 as well and posted the unboxing video...

No worries.. I have sent an email to them and told them i would like to refund and lodged a dispute with bank.

So far, there has no any reply, im also suspicious if they actually post out on last week..what a terrible shopping experience..