Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buzzing sound
When you are near your Phantom or when you lay your ear on your Phantom, do you hear your Phantom making a buzzing sound? Should the Phantom be completely silent? My Phantom makes a buzzing sound, which I did not hear before.
Some Phantoms does indeed produce a light buzzing sound, coming from it's power source (far right top part of Phantom). Some do produce constant hissing through speakers itself. In that case I've heard Devialet could replace such unit. Anyway they don't acknowledge problem at global scale so when you play music at really low volumes you can hear the constant hiss coming out of Phantom. Sad
I have pair of Phantom gold and one of Phantom was making loud buzzing noise from the back. I could hear the buzzing noise from any volume lower than 30. I had to turn them off at night to sleep because the noise was continues even at stand by mode. So I made a contact to the retail store and claimed my issue of the noise and when the seller came by to check on my phantom, he acknowledged the issue. Today, they brought me a new phantom to replace the broken one. After replacing with new one, I no longer have any problem of buzzing noise. If you find the noise to be too disturbing while listening to music, you should contact the retail store where you purchased. I believe Devialet provides 1 year warranty (at least in South Korea) you should have your phantom check before it's too late.
Dmitrek and valp91, thanks for your reply.

I have a pair of Phantom gold, and the noise isn't very loud. Only audible in a quit room (always when plugged in).

What do you fellows do? When you aren't listening music, do you unplug your Phantoms?
I usually unplug my Phantoms at night.
I usually complain to Devialet. And they replace me the speaker.
(14-Nov-2016, 16:26)dmitrek Wrote: I usually complain to Devialet. And they replace me the speaker.

Dmitrek - I'm having the same problem http://tinyurl.com/z7juw8l
Did the replacement speaker also have the problem? How many times did you have to replace it?
(17-Dec-2016, 17:20)mlondon Wrote:
(14-Nov-2016, 16:26)dmitrek Wrote: I usually complain to Devialet. And they replace me the speaker.

Dmitrek - I'm having the same problem http://tinyurl.com/z7juw8l
Did the replacement speaker also have the problem? How many times did you have to replace it?

I've replaced it once and had to listen to the buzz right in the store. Still, there is some sound from power transformer inside.
can you try do disconnect Bluetooth and see if the buzzing sound still occurs.
The buzz is due to interference on the signal channel ... i would say it's normal when it's connected via Bluetooth.