Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR 3 missing "turn-on" feature
AIR 3's great, but there is this little annoying missing feature. How many times have you wished you could simply turn your Devialet on from the confort of your Mac or PC via the little AIR icon sitting in the taskbar, whilst you're sitting conformtably in your chair and do not find the courage to fetch the remote (which, for some reason, is always far from your sitting position) or even fire up the Devialet app on your iPhone (which takes ages to connect).

If your iPhone can turn your Devialet on, surely your Mac or PC could, couldn't they? It's just a matter of adding a new menu entry in the taskbar app and replicating the iPhone/Android code to send a wakeup packet, isn't it? It should be dead easy to implement, shouldn't it? And it would be a life saver.

Or is it just only me?
Are you saying that you can turn the expert on using the iphone?
No, it's not just you: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=628.  Nearly two years later, still waiting...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(07-Nov-2016, 21:14)Xander Wrote: Are you saying that you can turn the expert on using the iphone?

Yes, just open the app and touch the word "Devialet" in the middle of the "volume knob".
Warwickshire, UK
(07-Nov-2016, 21:15)thumb5 Wrote: No, it's not just you: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=628.  Nearly two years later, still waiting...

Hem, apparently no one at Devialet thinks one will be far ever from one's remote. It's just so beautiful, ain't it?
Well since 3.0.1 at least switching to the AIR input works without either no sound or the white noise. In fact this is a huge step forward. I now can turn on my Devialet, listen to the squeezebox during day, switch to the AIR input, start Roon from the iPad app and just start playing music. No hassle anymore since 3.0.1 of resetting things either on the Devialet or on the Roon core (had to restart Roon everytime I switched to the AIR input)
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
It would be great if the Devialet Remote app would run on a PC. Often I find myself sitting with my Windows laptop which is great with Roon, but I still have to either use my iPhone or get up to turn on the Devialet and select the input desired.

Of course, in the grand scheme of Devialet things, just having a stable, non-beta AIR and/or a more robust Remote app would be much higher on the wish list.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(07-Nov-2016, 21:17)thumb5 Wrote:
(07-Nov-2016, 21:14)Xander Wrote: Are you saying that you can turn the expert on using the iphone?

Yes, just open the app and touch the word "Devialet" in the middle of the "volume knob".

When my amps are switched off, neither the phone or iPad app will start, I just get the spinning circle in the middle of the dial. Am I doing something wrong?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(08-Nov-2016, 03:30)Axel Wrote:
(07-Nov-2016, 21:17)thumb5 Wrote:

When my amps are switched off, neither the phone or iPad app will start, I just get the spinning circle in the middle of the dial. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh, sorry if I misled you: I don't suppose the app will turn the amps on from power-down (haven't tried it), only from standby.
Warwickshire, UK
(08-Nov-2016, 21:04)thumb5 Wrote:
(08-Nov-2016, 03:30)Axel Wrote:
(07-Nov-2016, 21:17)thumb5 Wrote: Yes, just open the app and touch the word "Devialet" in the middle of the "volume knob".

Oh, sorry if I misled you: I don't suppose the app will turn the amps on from power-down (haven't tried it), only from standby.

Ah, OK, Ian. I thought I was missing a trick!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England