Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pro - SQ for classical music
(16-Nov-2016, 15:39)Confused Wrote:
(16-Nov-2016, 14:40)yabaVR Wrote:
(16-Nov-2016, 14:09)Confused Wrote: But lets assume for a moment I am correct, then any tweaks that improve performance would actually make the issue worse by improving the revealing nature of the Pro.

A final note to the Tweakers, it's all good stuff, keep it coming, keep filling up Tweaker's corner, in fact I might need some of this stuff, as I have Dev's on a glass shelf, with standard power cables, rubbish and speaker binding posts, I need help! Sad

Sorry, if it was for me, but I find it difficult to help someone out of his problem w/o mentioning a 'tweak'.
The shifting of the phase of your power cable is not a 'tweak' to me though. I find it very significant. Sure will the PRO sound better with the right phase on. But in no way worse with bad recordings then.

If the wrong phase is fed to a Devialet Power Supply it produces more of the 'digital' sound we all hate and the thread opener was addressing just this. May be I was not clear enough about the blessings of a right phased Devialet.

gui

Gui - Your enthusiasm for tweaks shines through and I am sure are appreciated by many!  So keep it up! Shy   However, is it not logical that if the phase was incorrect here then Arcam would be experiencing a 'digital' sound with everything?  What Arcam is saying is that his Pro sounds excellent, or to use his own words, he is 'generally over enthusiastic about sound quality', the digital artifacts bit was with some recordings only, the phase issue would impact everything.  I guess another issue with this one is that in the UK we have these pesky 3 pin plugs, which can only be connected the right (or wrong) way around! Sad   I do think this stuff is worth following up in another thread though, I find myself wondering how you could check the phase issue yourself, but this is going further off topic here.....

Perhaps we can agree about (old) recordings can contain a lot more jitter than current recordings, because the technology wasn't as advanced as today.
Jitter adds up in the digital audio chain. I can imagine a threshold where it gets obvious for a listener (special for everyone). The jitter or time deviation in the signal is to much to take and one can not compensate on it. It's not an On&Off thing, it just gets more or less. This could be very personal. For me with the digital power supply of the Devialet jitter gets worse when not phased the right way.

To explore the right phase in Britain just take a cheap power cable, cut off the middle pin and listen to both directions. If you got the right direction alter your precious cable to the right phase.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
New Pro - SQ for classical music - by arcam - 07-Nov-2016, 21:28
RE: New Pro - SQ for classical music - by Inox - 07-Nov-2016, 21:57
RE: New Pro - SQ for classical music - by Inox - 07-Nov-2016, 22:03
RE: New Pro - SQ for classical music - by Will - 08-Nov-2016, 02:36
New Pro - SQ for classical music - by no32 - 08-Nov-2016, 22:30
New Pro - SQ for classical music - by no32 - 08-Nov-2016, 22:32
New Pro - SQ for classical music - by no32 - 08-Nov-2016, 22:37
RE: New Pro - SQ for classical music - by Will - 09-Nov-2016, 08:50