Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pro - SQ for classical music
(18-Nov-2016, 08:59)Inox Wrote: Hello,

SAM is a digital process, as the whole Devialet concept in fact. But as far as I know, SAM only deals with low frequencies equalization to match with speakers.

Regards
I.

The whole Devialet is a digital concept I agree but the raw concept, if you don't touch anything with settings, does not alter the music signal. It stays Bit-Perfect until it leaves the DAC and is amplified.

As far as SAM 'only' deals with low freqeuencies.
Have you ever listened to a system with a perfectly speaker matched subwoofer with only high frequency music like lets say Xylophon or a solo woman's voice.
You would say there is no bass in the recording BUT you will hear a dramatic collapse of stage/room mapping when you turn off the subwoofer.

How to explain this? I'll try but I'm not safe on this one.
Even tones of high frequencies resonate in a room and are alocated to (generate?) low frequencies of very low volume level.
These low frequencies belong to the original high-frequency-tone and imprinted is the precise 3D-Location of them in 'time-volume-freq' because these values are unique for the room they were recorded in.

When listening with a perfectly speaker matching sub the increase in holographic room mapping is huge when the sub is switched on.
So, if you think the reverse way, it would be most likely, if you swirl around with the bits and bytes of low freq (as SAM does) you loose all the informations of room mapping because the low freq get displaced out of phase/volume and hence can not be allocated to the original tone by the brain. These 'Out of Phase informations' will just add upp to a fidgety background for which reason some call it 'the blackness of background increases' when such freq are back in phase. Almost for me this is quiet coherent.

..ummpf...weird stuff though when I reread it (also in non native language Rolleyes  )

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
New Pro - SQ for classical music - by arcam - 07-Nov-2016, 21:28
RE: New Pro - SQ for classical music - by Inox - 07-Nov-2016, 21:57
RE: New Pro - SQ for classical music - by Inox - 07-Nov-2016, 22:03
RE: New Pro - SQ for classical music - by Will - 08-Nov-2016, 02:36
New Pro - SQ for classical music - by no32 - 08-Nov-2016, 22:30
New Pro - SQ for classical music - by no32 - 08-Nov-2016, 22:32
New Pro - SQ for classical music - by no32 - 08-Nov-2016, 22:37
RE: New Pro - SQ for classical music - by Will - 09-Nov-2016, 08:50