Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
von schweikart
hi fellas,
any one on this forum familiar with devialet associated with von schweikart speakers? i might audition the vr5 anniversary model with my dev200? any thoughts?
(08-Nov-2016, 19:53)samsoum Wrote: hi fellas,
any one on this forum familiar with devialet associated with von schweikart speakers? i might audition the vr5 anniversary model with my dev200? any thoughts?

I'm using a D220 Pro (previously a 200) with my Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers.  Love it.   I've heard the VR5s, and I'd be amazing if they didn't sound awesome with a Devialet.  Unfortunately, Devialet does not (yet) support any Von Schweikert speakers with their SAM system.   No big loss as far as I'm concerned.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Hi, very good to hear that, i found one used pair in very good condition, at almost half price.I recently auditioned wilson audio sabrina paired with dev200,and took the decision to own them cause i loved them. I m still collecting the funds and get across this occasion so i m planning to have an audition.I think i can get the von slightly shipper than the new sabrina ,so i will see.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The American loudspeaker brand is Von Schweikert (Audio) not Von Schweikart! Wink

I've been using a pair of Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary since 2010. Very happy with 'em though I did decide to use a subwoofer (JL Audio Fathom F112) with them because of room mode issues (acoustics) which I couldn't solve otherwise. The subwoofer is fed a 'room corrected' signal from a DSpeaker Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0.

Before the VR-5's I've owned a pair of VR-4 GenIII HSE and before that a pair of VR-4 Gen II.

Martin Colloms (Hificritic.com) among others reviewed the VR-5 Anniversary which was a very good review with critical notes as well. Unfortunately I can no longer find it online. The review by Greg Weaver is still online: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue40...ersary.htm

No speaker is perfect but one of the "trademark traits" of the VR-5s is their uncanny ability to recreate the spaciousness, detail, depth and atmosphere of the soundstage. If they're a good match for your room they're probably worth an audition.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
The British hi-fi journalist is Martin Colloms, not Martin Collums.  (Sorry Antoine, couldn't resist Wink )
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
No problem, you are entirely right Ian, my bad! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hahhahha, #thumb5 #i like your humour!
Hi Antoine, sorry to be so careless but i realized that after sending the post! Anyway, i am planning an audition and ive red about it couple reviews wich were just very very positives And enthousiastes .The pair i found is in pristine condition in madagascar ebony veneer, midrange replaced to current mk2,i can get it for 11k usd. Ive been across this occasion after auditioning the sabrina wich i felt in love .Sonicaly ,i loved the extension , depth, control of the bass, soundstage... And of course the beautiful design.I ll be interested to know if you compared the vr5 anniversary to sabrina .Here i can get the sabrina new for 15k usd( no second hand).I like the vr5 design as well and the wife acceptance factor is
positive.

Hi antoine, any thoughts about the deal?

Hi Samsoum, I own the same ebony veneered ones but mine are upgraded to the "original" or mk1 Anniversary. Smile

I haven't done much listening/comparing to loudspeakers the last several years and haven't heard the Sabrina so can't help you there. The VR-5's were a direct competitor to the Wilson Watt/Puppy's, some think they "punched above that".

The price you got for the VR-5's is a very good one I think (new >30k). Most important is of course that you like what they do and that they are a match for your room so I'd consider a home audition mandatory. Enjoy and good luck!

The Netherlands
Thank you antoine for the advice, unfortunately i will do the audition in the seller s appartment since they are very heavy to transport. My living room if rectangle , roughly 8m*4m, one sidewall fully with glass covered 2/3 rd vertically with romain curtains,the opposite one partially open( i know it s a disaster acoustically speaking?,i have a big antique door in the front wall( it can act as low freq absorber), carpet soon will be in place over a very reflective ceramic floor!
I m looking forward for the audition and i hope i will like them cause they will fit marvelously in the decor and wife( not often happen) like them.
By the way i looked at your system wich is nothing short of impressive!
I will keep you updated since you look to be an expert and much knowlogeable than i am in this hobby!