Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather case? Uhh ...
Frankly, i'm not sure why someone would need a leather case for their phantoms, but honestly look at this thing.

http://www.superyachts.com/luxury/devial...e-3907.htm

It looks like a leather butt with handles. As i Bi person myself, if i'm ever setting up speakers at a Gay club, i'll use that case.  

Also, the webdev needs to be talked to for using "htm" instead of "html" as a file extension, but that's another matter.
.htm is an acceptable extension - it's a hangover from the old Microsoft 8.3 filename days.
(09-Nov-2016, 23:13)bearcatsandor Wrote: Frankly, i'm not sure why someone would need a leather case for their phantoms

I think it's for the simple reason that those who buy Phantoms probably have the disposeable income and might want to go all out with such a case. It's to "impress" the friends and everyone else watching you carry this around.

I just wished it (and the standard cocoon) had some space at the bottom to hold the cable!
(10-Nov-2016, 01:08)kameraguy Wrote:
(09-Nov-2016, 23:13)bearcatsandor Wrote: Frankly, i'm not sure why someone would need a leather case for their phantoms

I think it's for the simple reason that those who buy Phantoms probably have the disposeable income and might want to go all out with such a case. It's to "impress" the friends and everyone else watching you carry this around.

I just wished it (and the standard cocoon) had some space at the bottom to hold the cable!

Cable? It's wireless isn't it? Big Grin 

A proper flight case for Expert amps would be a good thing. Other than that - the shape of Phantoms is not ideal for installations or transport so an elegant frame to put a Phantom in to make it stackable would probably make DJ's happy (if Devialet can fix the latency issue that is...)
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Nov-2016, 09:53)ogs Wrote: …other than that - the shape of Phantoms is not ideal for installations or transport so an elegant frame to put a Phantom in to make it stackable would probably make DJ's happy (if Devialet can fix the latency issue that is...)

No DJ will be happy with something with > 10ms latency. Phantoms will never work for DJing.
DJ is not listening to what is playing to the listeners, DJ is listening to his own monitor and headphones, so no latency here.
(15-Nov-2016, 17:53)dmitrek Wrote: DJ is not listening to what is playing to the listeners, DJ is listening to his own monitor and headphones, so no latency here.

That's not going to work in a club or even a party environment. Your monitors, your headphones, your screen, and your subscreens if you have a controller that supports those and the speakers playing loud (and Phantoms do play loud!) should not be out of sync with each other. Beatmatching alone would be a nightmare.