Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unpacking a upgraded 440 Pro
Photo 
Here I hope you can see the dust inside the display: 

[img][Image: 152njau.jpg][/img]
This is how it looked straight of the box:

[img][Image: 2z4jlhw.jpg][/img]
(22-Nov-2016, 17:12)helloworld1978 Wrote: This is how it looked straight of the box:

[img][Image: 2z4jlhw.jpg][/img]

It looks like the amps don't have their protective plastic film on, or did you take it off?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
No I took the film off. The above photo was uploaded just in case anyone doubts it's a Devialet 440 pro. The dust inside the display is the most perplexing part. Surely these units are assembled in a completely dust free environment. I have three D200 and not one of them has any dust inside.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Update: Thanks everyone for your support. On Friday had a chat with the owner of Audio Lounge and he offered a full refund within 2-3 working days.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Congrats! Glad it finally worked out for you.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I don't think the dealer had much choice, really. The units looked very second hand, but how dust got on the inside of the glass....it appears that they were dismantled at some stage.
Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted. Why did the dealer offer to provide a refund rather than a replacement, as now you'll be without amps for a while, won't you?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Update: Had a chat with Audio Lounge to ask when the refund would be issued . Apparently the owner still has to speak to Devialet. I thought he had already done that, when he offered me the option of a refund on Friday. When I informed him that he has to issue a refund within 14 days (which would be up on 3rd Friday) he told me, "You want to talk about the law, then you can take your case to consumer court, I am a Lawyer myself".
(29-Nov-2016, 15:03)helloworld1978 Wrote: Update: Had a chat with Audio Lounge to ask when the refund would be issued . Apparently the owner still has to speak to Devialet. I thought he had already done that, when he offered me the option of a refund on Friday. When I informed him that he has to issue a refund within 14 days (which would be up on 3rd Friday) he told me, "You want to talk about the law, then you can take your case to consumer court, I am a Lawyer myself".
Perhaps speak directly to Devialet UK about this?
How about getting Devialet to send you a replacement? Or is this not an option?
Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(29-Nov-2016, 15:03)helloworld1978 Wrote: Update: Had a chat with Audio Lounge to ask when the refund would be issued . Apparently the owner still has to speak to Devialet. I thought he had already done that, when he offered me the option of a refund on Friday. When I informed him that he has to issue a refund within 14 days (which would be up on 3rd Friday) he told me, "You want to talk about the law, then you can take your case to consumer court, I am a Lawyer myself".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34403005

Seems pretty clear what your rights are, he is one dealer I will definitely steer clear of, what an arrogant arse.
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.