Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon's system
Very nice system and setup Simon!

If I may make one suggestion; I think it's good to get those beautifyl Tyr's (nice to see another D owner using these as well Smile) from the ground however it looks like you've used the material to isolate central heating piping with. While creative I think it would be better not to use a material that can collect static electricity as well as plastics can and to minimize contact with the cables (to not, in effect, add additional unnecessary di-electric material). In a DIY setting paper or wood would be better.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital/Lessloss DFPC Signature/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, Roon, Sonore microRendu, Curious USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Noticed one more thing, your speaker wires are possibly not connected correctly. One speaker seems to be connected out of phase. Did you also wire red and black in opposite for one speaker on the speaker side?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital/Lessloss DFPC Signature/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, Roon, Sonore microRendu, Curious USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

(20-Nov-2016, 16:32)Antoine Wrote: Noticed one more thing, your speaker wires are possibly not connected correctly. One speaker seems to be connected out of phase. Did you also wire red and black in opposite for one speaker on the speaker side?

Oracle Delphi Mk V(VI) - SME Series V - Lyra Delos - Furutech AG-12
 aurender N10 - Transparent Reference AES/EBU
   Expert 1000 Pro - Chord Signature Digital Tuned ARAY Tellurium Q Black - Raidho X-1
 x2 Silver Phantom & Dialog
(20-Nov-2016, 12:57)blorbed Wrote: Lovely looking system, like the clean/uncluttered look. Did you try the XT-2 before deciding on the X2?
Hello blorbed,

Thank for your comment.
I did not try XT-2 before I decided to buy X2. So I cannot share any thoughts about sonic differences.

Aurender X100L  ~  Audioquest Diamond USB cable  ~  Devialet 200  ~  Nordost Tyr speaker cable  ~  Raidho X2.           Ansuz Mainz P power cables
The Netherlands

(20-Nov-2016, 17:35)blorbed Wrote:
(20-Nov-2016, 16:32)Antoine Wrote: Noticed one more thing, your speaker wires are possibly not connected correctly. One speaker seems to be connected out of phase. Did you also wire red and black in opposite for one speaker on the speaker side?

Thanks for your suggestion. I connected one of the speaker cables the "wrong" way on both sides (amp and speaker). So my speakers are connected in phase. (By doing so I avoided a lot of bending the speaker cable).

I see you own Aurender N10. Very nice! 
When I bought my X100L I was told the USB input of Devialet was inferior to AES/EBU. Did you ever compare these two connections with your Aurender?

Aurender X100L  ~  Audioquest Diamond USB cable  ~  Devialet 200  ~  Nordost Tyr speaker cable  ~  Raidho X2.           Ansuz Mainz P power cables
The Netherlands

Hello Antoine,

Thanks for your comment and suggestions!

I indeed connected one of the speaker cables the "wrong" way on both sides (amp and speaker). By doing so I avoided a lot of bending the speaker cable. So my speakers are connected in phase.

The Netherlands