Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR not yet compatible with Yosemite for MAC
Exclamation 
Just got this message from Devialet:

Quote:Dear Sir or Madam,

As you may already know, Yosemite, the new operating system for Mac, will be released shortly.

We wanted to inform you that so far, this operating system is not compatible with the current version of Devialet AIR.

If you want to continue using the Devialet AIR universal streamer, we recommend that you wait a few days to update your Mac.

We will get back to you with a solution very quickly.

Roger
Customer Support Manager
http://devialet.com
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(16-Oct-2014, 19:18)Charlemagne Wrote: Just got this message from Devialet:

Quote:Dear Sir or Madam,

As you may already know, Yosemite, the new operating system for Mac, will be released shortly.

We wanted to inform you that so far, this operating system is not compatible with the current version of Devialet AIR.

If you want to continue using the Devialet AIR universal streamer, we recommend that you wait a few days to update your Mac.

We will get back to you with a solution very quickly.

Roger
Customer Support Manager
http://devialet.com

It's good that Devialet are proactive and not just leaving it to their customers to find the problem themselves Smile. I'm hoping Apple will announce a new Mac Mini - they haven't updated the spec for some time.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
If the Yosemite update is anything like the iOS 8 update, I'd strongly suggest holding off anyway!
(16-Oct-2014, 19:25)PhilP Wrote: I'm hoping Apple will announce a new Mac Mini - they haven't updated the spec for some time.

[Image: 518f2674-7b94-47aa-9bff-a1d4657b9da4.png]
For a while now I've been in the habit of giving any Apple updates about two weeks before I update myself. That way I leave finding the bugs, problems and reporting issues to Apple to the rest of the population.
(16-Oct-2014, 20:01)mauidan Wrote:
(16-Oct-2014, 19:25)PhilP Wrote: I'm hoping Apple will announce a new Mac Mini - they haven't updated the spec for some time.

[Image: 518f2674-7b94-47aa-9bff-a1d4657b9da4.png]

Fantastic! Haven't read all the details yet but it looks like a really good update.

Edit : full specs up on the Store. Plenty of choice re. specs and configurable up to 1TB internal PCIe storage.

(16-Oct-2014, 20:06)Confused Wrote: For a while now I've been in the habit of giving any Apple updates about two weeks before I update myself. That way I leave finding the bugs, problems and reporting issues to Apple to the rest of the population.

Very sensible. I was affected by the iTunes 11.4 Key Extension bug which prevented synching station with iDevices. Should have awaited...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Great, I have to wait with upgrading to a new and probably more secure OS, with a few new and exciting features which I would really like to use, but I can't because AIR won't work.

I'm more than a bit disappointed. I've asked Devialet about AIR's incompatibilty with Yosemite days after the first public Beta was out. Now Yosemite is here and no new AIR.... Bad form.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Another reason to favor USB over AIR.

:-(

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
Yes ! But let's hope Audirvana is Yosemite compatible for the people using it with USB...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
There is a body of opinion (see Mac Rumours for example) that the new mac mini is a backward step, at least in terms of the processors used.

I don't understand why Devialet waited until the day of release of Yosemite to let us know that it didn't work. I guess they thought they could come up with a solution in time. I am assuming of course that they have been working hard on it for months using a Yosemite beta.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50