Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR not yet compatible with Yosemite for MAC
I think the message from them was they would have it working in a few days, not sure that having to wait is that much of a problem really. Not aware of anyone saying they would not support Yosemite and they do seem a pretty Mac centred company.

It does worry me how everyone nowadays seems to insist on having everything immediately and get very upset if they don't. If one was unable to listen to anything it would be unfortunate but not really life threatening.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(24-Oct-2014, 22:47)NickB Wrote: I think the message from them was they would have it working in a few days, not sure that having to wait is that much of a problem really. Not aware of anyone saying they would not support Yosemite and they do seem a pretty Mac centred company.

It does worry me how everyone nowadays seems to insist on having everything immediately and get very upset if they don't. If one was unable to listen to anything it would be unfortunate but not really life threatening.

Nick

You would be right if the incompatibility with Yosemite was the only issue, but there is also the white noise problem on Windows (and now on Mac too), the configurator issues, the support pages which are totally out of date, etc. On the white noise issues alone users are waiting a long time for the problem to be tackled. It has very little to do with wanting things immediately, but everything to do with wanting to have a solidly working solution.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(25-Oct-2014, 06:48)Eddye Wrote: You would be right if the incompatibility with Yosemite was the only issue, but there is also the white noise problem on Windows (and now on Mac too), the configurator issues, the support pages which are totally out of date, etc. On the white noise issues alone users are waiting a long time for the problem to be tackled. It has very little to do with wanting things immediately, but everything to do with wanting to have a solidly working solution.

Seconded.
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
When talking to the Devialet guys at the Oxford Audio event they were having a few difficulties with the white noise as it seemed to be a very intermittent chipset/audio set and very hard to reproduce with any regularity. Not sure if that has changed at all. I have had it happen twice and not since then but don't actually remember changing anything to stop it.

Still if everything was perfect it would be a boring world and no-one would have anything to talk about.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
People have paid serious money so they expect a trouble free solution so I agree with Eddy.

Also what worsen things is the lack of regular communications/transparency. Perhaps this is even the biggest issue right now. I think that now people don't feel heard or even feel ignored. Would it hurt much to give status updates to their clients having these issues either directly or, even better, through an up to date support website? Maybe they're afraid it scares away new clients but I think the negative public "chatter" by current customers hurts them more.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(25-Oct-2014, 09:52)Antoine Wrote: People have paid serious money so they expect a trouble free solution so I agree with Eddy.

Also what worsen things is the lack of regular communications/transparency. Perhaps this is even the biggest issue right now. I think that now people don't feel heard or even feel ignored. Would it hurt much to give status updates to their clients having these issues either directly or, even better, through an up to date support website? Maybe they're afraid it scares away new clients but I think the negative public "chatter" by current customers hurts them more.

I think that's a good point about communications. Back in the day we were all corresponding with Thierry on a regular basis and getting fantastic support from the company.

That's all changed now and it feels like we've no idea what's going on. All these engineers they have - what are they all doing?

I suppose they've grown so quickly it's difficult for them to adjust, but I think they would really benefit from sorting out their website and giving us regular updates and a development roadmap.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB