Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro 'Burn in' time.
(20-Nov-2016, 20:23)JoeW Wrote: My D220 is sounding fabulous except it's passing into rough bit dropping after hours of run time. All I have to do is power cycle the amp and all is well. Changing the track that was playing made no improvement. This has happened that last two times I ran it for several hours continuously. It didn't feel warm beyond normal and I didn't have the presence of mind to check its temperature via the readout. I'm going to run it today to see if I can duplicate this. I'm running via a Mac Mini through Audirvana and USB.

Hi JoeW, that's a bit off topic here in this burn-in topic.

This could be a malfunction in hardware. If I were you I'd report this to Devialet directly. Perhaps check beforehand if any errors are stored in the 220P's memory. See: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ation-Menu

If possible you could try a different computer and USB cable before reporting this to Devialet just to rule those out.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(20-Nov-2016, 20:31)Antoine Wrote:
(20-Nov-2016, 20:23)JoeW Wrote: My D220 is sounding fabulous except it's passing into rough bit dropping after hours of run time. All I have to do is power cycle the amp and all is well. Changing the track that was playing made no improvement. This has happened that last two times I ran it for several hours continuously. It didn't feel warm beyond normal and I didn't have the presence of mind to check its temperature via the readout. I'm going to run it today to see if I can duplicate this. I'm running via a Mac Mini through Audirvana and USB.

Hi JoeW, that's a bit off topic here in this burn-in topic.

This could be a malfunction in hardware. If I were you I'd report this to Devialet directly. Perhaps check beforehand if any errors are stored in the 220P's memory. See: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ation-Menu

If possible you could try a different computer and USB cable before reporting this to Devialet just to rule those out.

Thanks Antoine, it occurred to me that since the fault required many hours of burn in that others doing burn in might have also run into this. I have opened a ticket and I do have a PC enabled to easily run the D220. No fault was reported in the information menu.
Devialet 220, Mac Mini, Audirvana, Wireworld USB, Audioquest Castle Rock, KEF 207-2, Thorens TD 125 Mark II, SME 3009R, Benz Ruby, Wadia 121, OPPO BDP 105, McIntosh MC30, KEF LS 50, JL Audio E-Sub e112
Nothing similar experienced here, imagined or otherwise Smile

Hope you get it sorted.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Does your Mac sit close to the D?

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3673
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Nov-2016, 11:05)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

Does your Mac sit close to the D?

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3673
No, the Mac Mini is pretty far away. But I read your post link and I suppose something like that could be happening. However, I swapped out the USB drive and so far after several hours of constant playing, the problem did not reoccur. I'm going to keep burning it in and since this considered off-topic, if the problem reoccurs, I will post to the support thread. Thank for the help to all. More on topic, the sound coming out of that silver pizza box is stunning. Whether it continues to improve with additional hours of burn in I'm not sure.
Devialet 220, Mac Mini, Audirvana, Wireworld USB, Audioquest Castle Rock, KEF 207-2, Thorens TD 125 Mark II, SME 3009R, Benz Ruby, Wadia 121, OPPO BDP 105, McIntosh MC30, KEF LS 50, JL Audio E-Sub e112