Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro 'Burn in' time.
One afterthought, did you guys see the expensive Absolue Créations TIM USB and interconnect cables and unknown power cord with Furutech plug they're using in that video in which they show the creation of that tape to vinyl transfer video?

https://www.facebook.com/DevialetGlobal/...279520413/
http://absoluecreations.com

Now why the hell would they do that? Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(16-Nov-2016, 18:22)Antoine Wrote: One afterthought, did you guys see the expensive Absolue Créations TIM USB and interconnect cables and unknown power cord with Furutech plug they're using in that video in which they show the creation of that tape to vinyl transfer video?

Well I know an engineer who uses "flavour of the week" accessories in demoing his kit, despite not believing in their effectiveness himself, because it is essential in order to sell the kit to a large number of enthusiasts who do not accept his view that they do nothing.
So, in his case, pragmatic salesmanship.
Maybe Devialet are equally wise.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(16-Nov-2016, 18:22)Antoine Wrote: One afterthought, did you guys see the expensive Absolue Créations TIM USB and interconnect cables and unknown power cord with Furutech plug they're using in that video in which they show the creation of that tape to vinyl transfer video?

Because the director of film has a precious dev audio system at home...bssshhh...he is a whistleblower...he knows something  Big Grin
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(16-Nov-2016, 18:39)f1eng Wrote:

Well I know an engineer who uses "flavour of the week" accessories in demoing his kit, despite not believing in their effectiveness himself, because it is essential in order to sell the kit to a large number of enthusiasts who do not accept his view that they do nothing.
So, in his case, pragmatic salesmanship.
Maybe Devialet are equally wise.

Is he also saying A but doing B? That's not wise but hypocritical. If they, as a manufacturer, would refrain from any comments on all these phenomena and leave it up to the customer to form an opinion, I'd consider them to be wise.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
All quiet on the burn-in front... Have you heard any further changes over the last week or so, Confused or hifi_swlon?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Nov-2016, 20:40)thumb5 Wrote: All quiet on the burn-in front...  Have you heard any further changes over the last week or so, Confused or hifi_swlon?

I last posted about mine on Monday.  I have obseverved zero change since then, largely because I've spent most of the rest of the week miles away from the thing. Sad

The good news is that I'll have plenty of time to give it a good thrashing this weekend.  Smile
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
My 440's had a pretty fair hammering this week on quite a wide variety of music.  I'm really enjoying it, and don't think I can hear anything changing since its first outing exactly a week ago.  (But then as you all know I have cloth ears! Wink )
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Nov-2016, 20:40)thumb5 Wrote: All quiet on the burn-in front...  Have you heard any further changes over the last week or so, Confused or hifi_swlon?

Barely any time to do anything this week (let alone listening to music) and the next few sadly Sad

Catching a rare few tracks tonight. Can't say I'm noticing much change but change is hard to spot easily in short spaced out sessions. I'm not even sure I can compare it to the 200 now, it's been too long. The bass impact is obviously better - that's a really solid change I doubt I'll forget - but the rest of things like soundstage and brightness are now too jumbled up. So I'm going to call it burned in for arguments sake (also bearing in mind it doesn't exist) and that's that.

Still, if the treble just happened to soften and thicken a bit more over the coming weeks, so be it. So far either the kit or my brain (or both) aren't playing ball though.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

It's been a most splendid weekend for me.  I reckon that I've easily doubled the actual running time on my 1000 Pro, and I am very happy to report that this weekend I have been enjoying it enormously.  Have I concluded that this running in stuff is real?  Errrrm, that probably has to be a yes, but it's not quite that simple.  It's a Tale of two Zed Zeppelins.

A week ago Friday I was listening to the amps, but not for that long.  As posted earlier, I played Led Zeppelin's 'Since I've Been Loving You'.  This is a track that I recall playing on the D800 not long ago and thinking just how good it sounded.  That Friday on the Pro I did not enjoy it, it did sound a bit harsh, thin, with too much treble.  I did have some time to listen to many things on Monday, but for reasons I do not need to go into here, I was not really in the best of moods.  I did try the Led Zeppelin track though, and I found that I much preferred the version I have on an early CD copy of Led Zeppelin III, rather than a later version on 'Led Zeppelin Remasters' (Although I think even the remasterd copy is quite old, this is not the recent remaster).  Anyway, I had a few hour running on the Devialet on the Friday just gone, and on Saturday tried both versions of 'Since I've Been Loving You'.  The earlier one sounded excellent, the second one was ok, but it did seam to have too much treble to me, not as balanced and nice to listen to versus the earlier copy.  I then simply played whatever I felt like for the rest of the weekend, not worrying about this running in nonsense, the good news here is that I was enjoying the Pro enormously, it was every bit as good as I recalled from the OAC demo, in fact I was building on this a bit, thinking I was noticing improvements that I had not noticed in the demo.  Another point to note is that I have been away from my system quite a lot recently, so the Mutec and mR have been turned off periodically, this weekend they have both been left on 24/7 since Friday night.

I have just listened to the aforementioned Led Zeppelin tracks.  Yes, the treble is more prominent in the remastered version, I still have a preference for the old one, but the thing is, the remastered version did sound rather good, certainly better version in some aspects.  So maybe the amps are improving slightly, in particular in the highs?  Maybe it's just that this weekend I'm in a far better mood.  Maybe keeping the mR and Mutec on 24/7 is yielding some improvement.  In a way it doesn't matter, 'because I'm a very happy boy now. Shy

However, I think I do need to come off the fence, do I believe in this running in time stuff or not?   I think I have to conclude that my mood & mR & Mutec running time have all been a factor, so it's impossible to be sure, but I am going to get off the fence and state that I am now thinking that yes, the amps have indeed improved a little, primarily in the highs.  It's not that there are less highs now or a change in balance,  the highs are just cleaner, more accurate and more pleasant.

As a final note, I am going to have to stop overthinking all this stuff now, or I'll go (even more) utterly bonkers! Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
My D220 is sounding fabulous except it's passing into rough bit dropping after hours of run time. All I have to do is power cycle the amp and all is well. Changing the track that was playing made no improvement. This has happened that last two times I ran it for several hours continuously. It didn't feel warm beyond normal and I didn't have the presence of mind to check its temperature via the readout. I'm going to run it today to see if I can duplicate this. I'm running via a Mac Mini through Audirvana and USB.
Devialet 220, Mac Mini, Audirvana, Wireworld USB, Audioquest Castle Rock, KEF 207-2, Thorens TD 125 Mark II, SME 3009R, Benz Ruby, Wadia 121, OPPO BDP 105, McIntosh MC30, KEF LS 50, JL Audio E-Sub e112