Poll: Devialet 400 or Devialet 220 Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
D400
80.00%
8 80.00%
D220 Pro
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Already have Devialet 400 - how about to upgrade it to Devialet 220 Pro?
Hello. Thinking about this strange choice - for saving my money Smile
I'll have a chance to trade my D400 to D220 Pro

Need advice Smile My speakers is Magico Q3 (4 Ohms load)
My music is - rock-n-roll, electronical and classical
My room is 23 m2, listening position in center of room - about 2,5 m from speakers
Worring about driven Magico of course... and sound quality upgrade (or downgrade)

Thanks!
Standard response, your really going to have to dem it for your self. Lots of people would be interested in the outcome though.

What would be the net cost different to you?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Of course home demo is the best. In the case of no home demo, I think you should consider two options. Option A is just keep the D400 because you will have nothing to lose or to regret for. Option B is to bite the bullet to upgrade to D440. I think people could still upgrade their Experts after Year 2016 though no one can enjoy discounted price on the upgrade then. Yours should have been bought before Year 2016 so you can not enjoy discounted price in upgrade anyway.

Frankly it is strange to trade D400 for a 220.
I guess it comes down to whether you think you'll always be happy with the 400 or eventually want to upgrade.

Having been able to compare a 200 to a 220 Pro, I would recommend the 220 Pro now knowing that you can eventually make it a 440 Pro.   I think the technology advances in the Pro line take the Experts up a very significant notch in sound quality.   If it were me and I chose now to keep the 400, I'd always wonder just how much better a Pro might be.  The other benefit is the availability of the yet-to-be-defined new streaming board that you will get for free next year with the purchase of a 220 Pro now (which Devialet says will cost $$ next year to add).

If you do get a chance to compare, be sure the 220 Pro is fully broken in.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
400 hands down unless you may also consider 440 Pro too. Then it is a matter of taste and match with your Magico's.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands