Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XLR preouts
Really surprised not to see this in the wish list.

Devialet is a very high end component and people will be using it with high end subs, headphone amplifiers, or head end headphones themselves with balanced xlr cables.

Why was there never an option for XLR preouts? Is it a physical space issue? Would it be possible to somehow install an optional card in the back to swap our the RCA preouts for XLR?

What about the option to reconfigure the AES/EBU input as an XLR LFE preout?
+1

But it must indeed be a 'space' consideration, these XLR connectors are relatively big. I also guess/hope they researched what is used/required most often by the largest number of people. Currently it's not possible to install expansion cards and the way the connectors are currently mounted on the mainboard makes me suspect it'll never be an option in the current line of Expert products.

XLR LFE pre-out, so in effect making the AES3 output an analog output should in theory be possible I think. Perhaps ask Devialet/make the suggestion. This is not an official Devialet forum and they do not participate here.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(15-Nov-2016, 19:45)Antoine Wrote: +1

But it must indeed be a 'space' consideration, these XLR connectors are relatively big. I also guess/hope they researched what is used/required most often by the largest number of people. Currently it's not possible to install expansion cards and the way the connectors are currently mounted on the mainboard makes me suspect it'll never be an option in the current line of Expert products.

XLR LFE pre-out, so in effect making the AES3 output an analog output should in theory be possible I think. Perhaps ask Devialet/make the suggestion. This is not an official Devialet forum and they do not participate here.

Mini-xlr might be doable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLR_connec..._Connector

Really is there any reason that connector has to be so huge??
(15-Nov-2016, 19:45)Antoine Wrote: +1

Honestly I would like to see Devialet take it one step further and come up with a Pre-Amp / Amp constellation with 2 stacked units. Would definitely free-up more space on the back of the units. One could then add XLR in / out and even an old school tape loop functionality. Cool
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack