Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo of attachment 'lock' on Tree or Gecko?
Would anyone be kind enough to provide a close up photo of the attachment 'lock' (for lack of a better word) on either the Tree or the Gecko to the Phantom's little metal bolt in the center of the base?  I am considering making a custom base for the Phantom and will share here if I do. 

Thanks!
Not exactly what you are looking for, but it's a solution that works well. 
EvPa's creation:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...0#pid50410
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(19-Nov-2016, 22:07)MountainGuy Wrote: Would anyone be kind enough to provide a close up photo of the attachment 'lock' (for lack of a better word) on either the Tree or the Gecko to the Phantom's little metal bolt in the center of the base?  I am considering making a custom base for the Phantom and will share here if I do. 

Thanks!

Dont have the exact pic of the locking design of the Tree, but i made 2 stainless steel clamps on my base for fitting.   Its not accurate but wouldnt allow the Phantom to be toppled off !!!  if you need the design, let me know!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(19-Nov-2016, 22:07)MountainGuy Wrote: Would anyone be kind enough to provide a close up photo of the attachment 'lock' (for lack of a better word) on either the Tree or the Gecko to the Phantom's little metal bolt in the center of the base?  I am considering making a custom base for the Phantom and will share here if I do. 

Thanks!

Just been to Harrods and took this for you of the gecko plate Smile

Looks like a spring loaded clamp at the back and then a hole for the phantoms hook to slide into on the front

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you! Much appreciated. Looks a bit more involved than I thought with the spring.
(27-Nov-2016, 05:07)MountainGuy Wrote: Thank you!  Much appreciated.  Looks a bit more involved than I thought with the spring.

I think probably the spring is superfluous - especially if you have it angled down in anyway the weight will be towards the hook mechanism so unless someone tried to rip it out with force?
(27-Nov-2016, 11:26)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(27-Nov-2016, 05:07)MountainGuy Wrote: Thank you!  Much appreciated.  Looks a bit more involved than I thought with the spring.

I think probably the spring is superfluous - especially if you have it angled down in anyway the weight will be towards the hook mechanism so unless someone tried to rip it out with force?

I have Geckos and would not like to hang my Phantoms six foot in the air without the spring mechanism. there is even a screw on the underside to lock it in place. With this mechanism it is rock solid. So essential not superfluous in my reckoning
Stumbled upon the following measurements.

http://www.easylounge.com/Content/photos...1200px.jpg