Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR Mac OS Sierra Volume Control
Hi Folks,

I recently have a Devialet Le120 at home for testing as I need a new amp for my DALI Epicon 2 and I am blown away by the sound! As I am an Apple User (Both Mac and iPhone) and have been listening to music exclusively via Airplay so far, comfort is of extreme importance for me. Until now NO High-End Manufacturer of network stereo amps has integrated Airplay! But Devialet has a near-to solution with Devialet AIR as it works exactly the same as Airplay-Mirroring by transporting the whole sound from the MacBook to the amp. It is absolutely simple to activate and use BUT:

With AIR 2.1.3. I am having the following issues:
1. Sometimes when the app tries to connect with le120 the icon becomes dark so there is a connection but 10s later it becomes white again, so no connection.
2. Volume Control with the buttons of the MacBook sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't.
3. If problems occur, restarting the system as well as the MacBook in different orders doesn't help. Volume Control via the MacBook buttons stays unavailable.

With AIR 3.0.1 public beta I have had NO issues so far regarding the above mentioned. BUT there is no option for enable iTunes bit perfect.

So my questions are:
- Why do I have troubles with volume control via the MacBook buttons with AIR 2.1.3 but not with AIR 3.0.1. public beta?
- Will AIR 3 get the feature of iTunes bit perfect?
Hi Elija123,
The best option is to use AIR 3 which is far better than Air 2 regarding sound quality and stability. You are right, you can't manage iTunes Bit perfect with Air 3 and nobody knows when Air 3 will be able to handle it. Anyway, the best option is to buy the apps called bitperfect on the apple store and it will do the job between Itunes and Air 3. The other solution if you want to increase the sound quality is to forget Itunes and go to Audirvana. It is not free but it is clearly better than apple's stuff.
Regards,
Sebastien
Tweaked Mac Mini + Audirvana - Bridge ethernet - Metrum Ambre with RopieeXL - Coax - D120 - Mulidine Cadence
Cables : TWL Digital American - Coax cable : l'atelier acoustik - Ethernet : Monoprice cat5 UTP - Speakers : Duelund 16 awg
Hi Sebastian,

many thanks for your feedback. That ties my experience with both versions of AIR and I will stay with 3.0.1. public beta.

Bitperfect does the job just fine. I can hear a reproduceable difference with or without bit perfect in form of:
- more transparency
- more clarity
- wider stage, especially vocals
- more calm, less stressful sound

Although Bit perfect does not get the best reviews I find it perfect for my purposes. Nevertheless I will try Audirvana as well because it gets the best reviews everywhere. If you know any other "background working" app as bit perfect, please let me know.

Regards,
Sascha
I have now bought a MacBook Air 11 2014 with faster WiFi than my mid 2011 MacBook Air and also installed Audirvana Plus 2 which is absolutely superb regarding sound quality, stability and usability. Also I set up my old AirPort Extreme again to setup a better WiFi than my standard router from my internet provider. Together with AIR 3 (public beta) I've had 3 hours of the most beautiful listening time in my life with NO issues whatsoever. No white noise, no interruptions, nothing. SO I can definitely recommend using it, a really good WiFi from ALL components provided.