Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Optical dropouts
(20-Nov-2016, 20:42)trex Wrote: Is the new Dialouge without dropouts from toslink input?
I will let you know when I get it, just sent the other one back today!
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
There is no new Dialog as far as I know it. They ship the same model all along.
I have tested to run the same cable to the Phantom and it has no dropouts on toslink.

So it seams its the Dialog that has problems with toslink.

I've got a support ticket but no answer from Devialet Support. Mine is brand new.

Is there anyone out there that have got a Dialog with a working Toslink and using the latest firmware?
Did the dialog always have a problem? Back in the days of v1.3 etc, was there a crackling issue or was it introduced with a software upgrade?
I have a Phantom Gold, no dialog and do get the dropouts via optical.
(20-Nov-2016, 20:37)misterpete Wrote: I had the same problem, Devialet very helpful, sent them a report from the Dialog and they are now replacing it. Can't fault them, as soon as I confirm the pickup of the old unit they send the new one out so I am not without music for long.

I think I was a tad optimistic about this replacement, despite lots of communication backwards and forwards I still have not received it. It is supposed to be shipped this week, so by the time I get it back I will have been without for a month. I am hoping that maybe I will get the new Airplay model!
(15-Dec-2016, 21:11)misterpete Wrote:
(20-Nov-2016, 20:37)misterpete Wrote: I had the same problem, Devialet very helpful, sent them a report from the Dialog and they are now replacing it. Can't fault them, as soon as I confirm the pickup of the old unit they send the new one out so I am not without music for long.

I think I was a tad optimistic about this replacement, despite lots of communication backwards and forwards I still have not received it. It is supposed to be shipped this week, so by the time I get it back I will have been without for a month. I am hoping  that maybe I will get the new Airplay model!

Back today, at first I thought it was the same as my original but then I read a post in another section which mentioned the new serial numbers, checked mine, it ends in X04 which means Airplay. So it seems the wait was worth it, thanks Devialet.
Lets hope they have fixed the optical dropouts on the new Dialog. Fingers crossed.
(16-Dec-2016, 19:49)trex Wrote: Lets hope they have fixed the optical dropouts on the new Dialog. Fingers crossed.

None so far.......watch this space!
(17-Dec-2016, 20:36)misterpete Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 19:49)trex Wrote: Lets hope they have fixed the optical dropouts on the new Dialog. Fingers crossed.

None so far.......watch this space!

But is the new Dialog actually new hardware? I read somewhere that it is the same Dialog, just with Airplay support?