Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Optical dropouts
(18-Dec-2016, 09:59)Logical Wrote:
(17-Dec-2016, 20:36)misterpete Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 19:49)trex Wrote: Lets hope they have fixed the optical dropouts on the new Dialog. Fingers crossed.

None so far.......watch this space!

But is the new Dialog actually new hardware? I read somewhere that it is the same Dialog, just with Airplay support?

You need an Airplay chip to get Airplay, so there is new hardware. Otherwise every Dialog should be Airplay compatible just with a firmware update.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Dec-2016, 11:28)ragwo Wrote:
(18-Dec-2016, 09:59)Logical Wrote:
(17-Dec-2016, 20:36)misterpete Wrote: None so far.......watch this space!

But is the new Dialog actually new hardware? I read somewhere that it is the same Dialog, just with Airplay support?

You need an Airplay chip to get Airplay, so there is new hardware. Otherwise every Dialog should be Airplay compatible just with a firmware update.

So I guess the big question then, is if they have also fixed the crappy optical port that is pretty much ruining the whole Phantom experience.
The optical input on the Dialog is more secure on the new version, according to f1eng. http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...0#pid55310
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(20-Nov-2016, 20:37)misterpete Wrote: I had the same problem, Devialet very helpful, sent them a report from the Dialog and they are now replacing it. Can't fault them, as soon as I confirm the pickup of the old unit they send the new one out so I am not without music for long.

Hello MisterPete, What is the process to generate the report from the Dialog which you sent do Devialet ?

Thx
I don't think the dropouts are dialog related. I get them with my gold without a dialog. Was told a fix was coming mid February... still quite disappointed with the lack of support on this one.
(25-Dec-2016, 22:51)alexis0587 Wrote:
(20-Nov-2016, 20:37)misterpete Wrote: I had the same problem, Devialet very helpful, sent them a report from the Dialog and they are now replacing it. Can't fault them, as soon as I confirm the pickup of the old unit they send the new one out so I am not without music for long.

Hello MisterPete, What is the process to generate the report from the Dialog which you sent do Devialet ?

Thx

Sorry for the delay, missed this post! Go into Spark/ settings/devices and you will see a button at the bottom "send report" You will need to open up a help ticket with Devialet first and they will request the report.
Hope this helps. Happy new year.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Just bought two Gold Phantoms & a dialog, and I'm having the same issue. Dropouts are very, very short (sub-second), and happen a couple of times an hour. Doesn't happen when using Spark to play. To those familiar with the issue, does that sound about right?

Unfortunately, my sole source is a media server (computer) running Linux - so I don't have a lot of options, other than buying a 20-foot toslink cable and trying to go straight to one of the Phantoms... Which kind of craps on the utility of having wireless speakers in the first place - and judging by the posts above, may not actually fix the issue.

rbergeron007 - you mentioned a fix coming in Feb. Any additional details? Unfortunately, that will likely be just past the end of my 45-day trial. For $6k+, I feel like it'll probably be a deal-breaker issue for me, as I don't have a viable workaround.
I have 2 gold and no problem of dropout.

did you use PLC ? to connect dialog to the phantoms ?
(02-Jan-2017, 06:53)meeotch Wrote: Just bought two Gold Phantoms & a dialog, and I'm having the same issue.  Dropouts are very, very short (sub-second), and happen a couple of times an hour.  Doesn't happen when using Spark to play.  To those familiar with the issue, does that sound about right?

Unfortunately, my sole source is a media server (computer) running Linux - so I don't have a lot of options, other than buying a 20-foot toslink cable and trying to go straight to one of the Phantoms...  Which kind of craps on the utility of having wireless speakers in the first place - and judging by the posts above, may not actually fix the issue.

rbergeron007 - you mentioned a fix coming in Feb.  Any additional details?  Unfortunately, that will likely be just past the end of my 45-day trial.  For $6k+, I feel like it'll probably be a deal-breaker issue for me, as I don't have a viable workaround.

My experience echoes yours. Dropouts on optical through dialog. No issues if commected to phantom or through spark.
I talked a long time with Devialet on the phone some weeks ago. The guy basically told me that this is the MAIN issue they are working with now, and that a fix will come at some point in January. He said it was completely a firmware issue with the Dialog.