Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert with dual band router
Yes I have a second WiFi access point as well as the Super Hub, although I think the newer Super Hubs are better.

For checking out UncleMonty's problem I would suggest the following tests:

1. Confirm it is a WiFi problem by setting up a wired connection to the router, getting that working and then unplug the connection and connect to 2.4GHz and 5Ghz separately (assuming you have these set up with different SSIDs).

2. Check you have a good signal by using a WiFi analyser such as INSSIDER on a laptop (not available on an iPad). That will confirm you have a good signal strength and whether you should manually set your router to a different channel to minimise neighboring WiFi interference. You can also see whether re-positioning your router improves signal strength.

3. Check you are getting reasonable upload and download speeds (I use Speedtest by Ookla). Compare 2.4GHz, 5GHz and wired and do this a few times to check for consistency.

4. Check there is not a problem with your Super Hub by setting it to modem mode and connecting another wifi router to it and going through the above tests again.

Hopefully one of those tests will point you in the right direction.
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
Hi Graham, thanks for these tips - will try them asap.

Just to add something re point 1 - everthing is wired to the router, I have cat6 in my flat - only the Devialet app and ipads are wireless. I've got inssider running now and it shows the signal is about -50db, Overlapping is 0 and Co-channel is swapping channels occasionally - what should I be looking out for here?

Re point 3 I have Virgin fibre, about 210mb/s download speed.

Regards
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
I'm not sure where your iPad is relative to the router and where you are checking the signal. The inssider values look good, a link score of 100 is ideal. Is the Devialet App you are using on your iPad the volume control, mine works whether I am connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz on my iPad. My thoughts on 1 were if you had everything running on a wired connection you could then disconnect and switch to a wireless connection to see if it would still work - that would show if it was a WiFi problem or an iPad problem however that won't be practical if it is the iPad App. Are you running your 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands as a single network, or do they have different SSIDs? Have you checked your actual download speed on a wireless connection?

PS I've just come across another possibility - check App remote control is authorized under Remote settings in the Configurator, but if you have had it working that seems unlikely.
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3