Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tree question
Johnnydev
Do you like them more then the branch?
And how is the cable management?
And do They change the sound?

I believe Branch was renamed Tree some months ago. The new stand is called Treepod.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have the white painted aluminium stands which used to be called 'Branch' at the time I ordered them (summer 2015). By the time I had them delivered (march 2016) they were still called 'Branch'. In the time, the wood laminated version was called 'Tree'. The new 'Treepod' stands seem to me to be designed for esthetics rather than sound quality.

However, the proper aluminium Tree stands (both white or laminated) perfectly matches Phantom. There is little (barely enough) space for cable management. I only connected the powercords and that was not too hard.

Before I received these beautiful stands, I had my Phantoms sitting on wooden blocks. But at least it looks much better now.
I am not really sure about soundquality, since there also have been several software updates which improved soundquality. Could be that bass is a little bit tighter and the sound image has a little bit more 'air' than without these stands. But I cannot remember that Phantom ever sounded anything less than very good!

I love Phantom on Tree / Branch. Every visitor is impressed by the looks. And when I turn up the volume most of them are in awe.
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.
Does Tree come with optical and ethernet leads? How is the quality of optical connection on the tree stands? Do they use Glass toslink?
I mean I can see that it comes with power cable, mid power cable, 90cm optical lead and 90cm ethernet lead. Are optical and ethernet leads the ones that are inside the Tree stand (mid cables like mid power cable) or "outer" cables that attach between source and Tree stand? Are the inner cables replacable between Phantom and Tree stands bottom optical input and ethernet input?
Perhaps this photo answers your last question about whether the 'mid' cables can be replaced.
It certainly looks like they can.

http://www.mixart.dk/billeder/phantom/8.jpg
You could feed just about any optical cable through the branch to the Phantom, I do worry about the optical cable having another optical cable in its path - seems wrong.
It is very fiddly to get the connection at the Phantom end but ends up looking very neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks it sure looks that the cables can be replaced. Are they using cheap plastic fiber toslink or glass? I haven't found that information anywhere. I am also worried if the cable inside would be a bottle neck and there is no point to use glass digital just to attach at the bottom of the Branch from digital source.
(29-Nov-2016, 14:13)Olli I Wrote: Thanks it sure looks that the cables can be replaced. Are they using cheap plastic fiber toslink or glass? I haven't found that information anywhere. I am also worried if the cable inside would be a bottle neck and there is no point to use glass digital just to attach at the bottom of the Branch from digital source.

I use atlas glass and audioquest Diamond optical via de stand directly to the phantom